My Acer Chromebook C720-2844 will not power on

Thackyboy
Thackyboy Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I plug the AC power cord in the only light that comes on is the blue battery light.  It is steady blue.  I recently had to replace the battery.  After working for 6 days the chromebook has seemed to die.  No power.  I've tried all the resets; hooking it up with HDMI cable to TV; removing battery and reinserting it; checking for loose cables inside. Why won't the indicator light for chromebook come on when I plug it in?

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Thackyboy

Tinkerer

Already tried that route. Shouldn't I be getting a light indicating I'm plugged into the outlet?  The only light that comes on is the battery light.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    The power indicator light only illuminates when the power button is pressed!
    I suggest you unplug and reconnect again the keyboard, because the power button is integrated into the keyboard!
    Have you tried connecting to the old battery to see if the notebook connects normally?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Thackyboy

Tinkerer

The old battery was bad.  I tossed it.  I'll check the keyboard now.
  • Thackyboy

Tinkerer

still nothing
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

I tried that before and again just now.  Nothing.  When I press those 3 buttons the blue battery light blinks once but nothing comes up on my screen.  
  • Have you tried with the notebook connected to the mains? When you opened the notebook, did you see any power interruption buttons like these?

These buttons are from other notebook models!
    Usually you will see a bulge in the notebook casing that presses this button!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

I notice a tiny switch that when I depress it it springs back up.  What do I need to do with it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Can you hit a photo? Maybe it is this interrupt button that is not being pressed properly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

Its at the top of the screen in the pic
  • This is the button?

If it is, then you will see a bulge in the notebook casing that presses this button! This protrusion may be worn out, causing this button not to be pressed properly! I suggest you put some layers of electrical tape to make this button better pressed:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

yes, that's the switch.  There is no bulge in the casing.  Are u referring to a protrusion on the underside of the casing?  There is nothing there.  I have been pressing it in with my finger as I have tried powering it on.  Nothing.
  • Looking at the position of the photo you sent! This part of the notebook casing should press the button:

Did you try to press this button and press the esc + reload + power keys at the same time?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

i built my own protrusion using a piece of cardboard wrapped in electrical tape.  I hit esc reload and power simultaneously.  Still nothing.
  • OK! This is the back of the motherboard:

Is there an interlock button on the front of the motherboard?
    Have you tried disconnecting the internal battery and pressing the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate static power?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

You mean on the underside of this pic?  Yes, I did eliminate static power.
  • That's it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I wonder if you are seeing some mosfet or burnt capacitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

Will replacing the motherboard fix this?