In depth predator spesifications

GodnesS
GodnesS Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, So i got a computer from the insurance company but it doesn't have some of the things it should of had.
I trusted them about it and just found out (1 year later) that stuff like for example a 2nd SSD m2 slot is missing.
On the store website and Acer's site there isnt information like that about each model so i was wondering if there was a site i could use to get more detailed
info about each model? (for example how many SSD slots there are etc)
thank you :)

Best Answer

Answers

• What is the exact model of computer? Example v3-571!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GodnesS
    That's the thing, the insurance company asked me if i found another laptop that has the things i need (like for example a 2nd M2 slot) and for that i gotta check more then one model so i was wondering if there was an archive or something where i could search the models that Predator has.
    I dont have one model in mind right now, i gotta go thru the models the store has and see which ones have similar  specs as my current PC
  • What model of notebook do you own? The g9-793 model has two m2 slots, one of which is exclusive to nvme!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GodnesS
    My current model (according to the sticker in the back) is g9-793 72E5 , and this one has only 1 m2 slot, it seems like there is a spot ready for another slot to be soldered on and a screw hole to fasten it with, the slot itself isnt there.

• I replied on the other topic you posted! I believe the lack of this slot deveser because of the region in which the notebook was sold! The template settings change depending on the region! Look for the model g9-791 which also has two m2 slots!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• On the service tab, it shows that the second slot is optional, see: 

I've checked the settings of your model, and it comes with a gtx 1060 video card! However this template may come with a gtx 1060 or 1070! I believe that only the models that come with a gtx 1070 have two 2280 m2 slots!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GodnesS
    egydiocoelho, I know this version doesn't have a 2nd slot, that's why im asking for a place where i can check the info about other models (just like the pic you posted), where did you take that pic from? I am trying to find a model from the store's selection that would offer me the 2nd slot.
    I know you dont want to spend all your time looking up models i will post here cus there are about 10 of them, so that's why im asking for the source of the info you look through (if possible) so i can research it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    know you want a website that shows the specs! However I did not find this site here on Acer! Can you specify the templates they are providing so I can take a look at the service guides and see if they have two slots?
    However as I told you before, the models that have the gtx 1070 video card have two m2 slots! Here are two examples: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/534816/acer-predator-17-g9-793-718k-for-which-m-2-is-the-2nd-slot-planned and https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/545941/predator-helios-500-ph517-51-m2-sata-pcie-nvme-support
    However it does not exactly specify the template!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GodnesS
    That is the closest thing i have found thank you for the link :)
  • You're welcome! When you decide to buy, please tell us the exact model here for us to verify!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer