Nitro NP515-51 (Nitro 5 Spin) Nvidia Driver Power, Sleep and Screen issues.

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I know this is an old topic, but it would be interesting if you confirm that the model is np515-51 and if you have tried to upgrade uefi bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I know this is an old topic, but it would be interesting if you confirm that the model is np515-51 and if you have tried to upgrade uefi bios.
    Hi, thank you for your reply. 
    And no, this issue has not been solved. I'm on the latest BIOS version and keep checking if there's an update for it. Unfortunately any combination of windows, display drivers doesn't fix the problem
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is an error logged in the windows event log?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SalarX
    Options
    Is an error logged in the windows event log?
    No, there is not error logged, the only thing that is logged is that the system was shut forcefully. I can reproduce the error and post the log if it's useful in anyway though.
    Moreover a funny thing. Last night I left the laptop idle with display off. When I started the laptop again after doing a force shudown(it hung) the system time jumped forward to almost 11 and half hours. 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if the problem persists after disabling fast startup in windows power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SalarX
    Options
    Have you checked if the problem persists after disabling fast startup in windows power options?
    Yes, the issue persists after disabling the fast startup, either from windows or bios. 
  • SalarX
    Options
    For anyone who faces this issue in future, here is a working solution -
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/728616/#Comment_728616

• mathewalex
    mathewalex Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    misterblack:
    Have you tried Control Panel --> Power Options --> Advanced Settings --> Hard Disk --> Turn off Hard Disk after --> change to "Never"

Worked for me on my Acer Nitro 5 Spin