Touchpad not working in "Advance" mode.( e5-553G-T9VU

UTKARSH
UTKARSH Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello Acer, 
I have acer e5-553G-T9VU laptop. After replacing my motherboard  touchpad stopped working in Advance mode (selected in BIOS) . Its work fine in basic mode but not in Advanced mode . I had a problem of auto-restarting of device for which Acer service centre replaced my laptop's motherboard. After replacing motherboard my touchpad was not detected by system so they changed to basic mode and they said just update driver and your advance mode will work. But, it didn't work so, I tried to contact service centre and they said update bios, so I did that but of no use. I have updated my windows also but didn't resolved my problem. Guide me with some working solution.
Note: I have got Windows 10 home pre-installed.

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please go to Device manager, expand Human interface devices and Mice and other pointing devices, post the snip, also please let me know the driver version as well for HID compliant mouse.

• UTKARSH

Tinkerer

this is what my system is showing and also, i have updated driver.
  • Hi,
    Right click I2C HID Device(one with the yellow triangle) under Human Interface Device and update the driver.

• UTKARSH

Tinkerer

I alsready did that but of no use. I still have the same problem.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Hi,
    How did you install the driver? What is the version of the driver you have at the moment and where did you get it from?
  • UTKARSH

Tinkerer

i have installed driver from downloading through Acer site, where i entered my system model number and it provided the touchpad driver of version 13.6.7.2.
  • Hi,
    I think it may not be the correct driver, go to Device manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices, right click HID-compliant mouse, right click and select Properties, go to Details tab, select hardware Ids and post the snip of it.

• UTKARSH

Tinkerer

Here it is.

• Right click I2C and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver, I am unable to find your HID compliant mouse driver(whether it's Synaptics or Elan) then only we can install the appropriate driver from Acer support site.
    You could also try going to System devices in Device manager, update Intel Serial IO I2C Host controller driver, right click it, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• UTKARSH

Tinkerer

My system has AMD A10 processor, please guide me with this snip in reference to snip you have uploaded highlighting the 'Intel(R) Serial IO12C....'.
  • UTKARSH

Tinkerer

I have tried uninstalling  I2C and then leaving it to system to install the driver but did't work and again it is showing the same error sign. I saw some solution on internet which suggest to update by following procedure.... 
    Device Manager>>Human Interface Device>>12 HID Device>> Update Driver>> Browse My Computer for Drivers>>Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer>> 12C HID.
    After doing this procedure it shows this message:

• Hi,
    It  seems that your system files may have got corrupted, you could try running "sfc /scannow" command and "DISM.....command to repair the system files, please follow the instructions in the link, run sfc /scannow at least 3 times, if that doesn't help, run Dism command, then run sfc command.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
  • priyashanshell
    priyashanshell Member Posts: 3 New User
    UTKARSH said:
    Hello Acer, 
    I have acer e5-553G-T9VU laptop. After replacing my motherboard  touchpad stopped working in Advance mode (selected in BIOS) . Its work fine in basic mode but not in Advanced mode . I had a problem of auto-restarting of device for which Acer service centre replaced my laptop's motherboard. After replacing motherboard my touchpad was not detected by system so they changed to basic mode and they said just update driver and your advance mode will work. But, it didn't work so, I tried to contact service centre and they said update bios, so I did that but of no use. I have updated my windows also but didn't resolved my problem. Guide me with some working solution.
    Note: I have got Windows 10 home pre-installed.
    Did you found a solution for touchpad issue ?
    I have the same problem please help me 
  • dush_anu
    dush_anu Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem as mentioned. It also happened after replacing the motherboard.
    Is there any working solution for this?
    My model is E5-574G-53GJ

Thank you.
  • piyush8
    piyush8 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

any solution .......?
    i have the same problem.

• brummyfan2
    dush_anu said:
    I have the same problem as mentioned. It also happened after replacing the motherboard.
    Is there any working solution for this?
    My model is E5-574G-53GJ

Thank you.
    Hi,
    Have you tried the suggestions in the previous posts?
    Could you please reinstall the Serial IO driver(30.63.1519.07), download from the link below.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6306?b=1

• brummyfan2
    piyush8 said:
    any solution .......?
    i have the same problem.

Hi,
    Please post the model name and if it's the same model, have you tried any suggestions? If not give them a try, your problem may be related to something else so it's better to start your own thread.
  • piyush8

Tinkerer

sir, 
    i have the same model and tried every solution mentioned above. Moreover i reinstalled the windows 10,also reinstalled the precision driver as mentioned in https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-precision-touchpad-drivers

i2c driver is showing error code 10.
    touchpad works fine with basic mode in bios without precision driver.
    but in advance mode it doesn't even show up.
  • piyush8

Tinkerer

any out there to help.....??????

• Gimshan9
    Gimshan9 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    Hello Acer,
    I'm suffering from the above same touch pad issue. On Advanced mode of bios touch pad not working. But in Basic mode it works fine. BUT THE WORST THING IS TOUCH PAD MODE CHANGES TO ADVANCED MODE WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR WITHOUT MY INTERFERENCE. And further when that happens even I can't switch on my laptop. My laptop sometimes switch on after 10 minutes I pressed the power button. So my question is whether the touch pad issue makes my laptop not to switch on or not. My laptop is Acer aspire E5-575G.

Should say i wasted lot of money for repairing this up to now. But the issue is still the same.