Acer Predator Helios 300 - FPS Drops

Options
2»

Answers

• meloandrefilipe
    meloandrefilipe Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    meloandrefilipe doesnt matter what explanation u just tried to give above its all chinese to me i still completely disagree and you can ask the author of all the confs (he is the expert on this and tested it himself) @Red-Sand all the Ts profiles create by him work on any cpu no matter which manufacturer with the exact same cpu model the profile it was made for, there was a lot of work and effort by him to bring this publicly for everyone to be able to use it so are you also trying to say that he's a liar and doesnt know anything about it either ??? 

One thing its saying you dunno how to work with it (which its completely normal) the other its saying it doesnt work neither has any use and who took the time to make/test/configure it is wrong.

PS: Also have you ever saw me advising someone to repaste it without also advising if they can themselves without voiding the warranty first ???? i dont think so i think you better read all my 4.5k+ posts/replies first before youre accusing me of that (firstly i wont tolerate false accusations from anyone also i dont work for acer neither anyone here apart from the staff/mods we are here voluntary on our own time to help those who need and its mainly because ppl with your kind i of know it all behavior that sometimes we just step back from helping as were not appreciated and theres ppl who dont even deserve it ) 

As it seems youre more expert/know it all than anyone else in here you probably should apply to work for a manufacturer who knows.

And sorry but repasting its the only solution for everyone (if TS doesnt work at all to lower the temps) its either get it done as i already stated above or stay as you are.
    Wow man, you need to calm down, 1st thing I never said I was an expert on anything, I said I tested the config on my laptop and a friends tested on his laptop (same version of mine). NEVER called anyone a liar or "doesn't know anything about it" I just reported MY experience with this config's on MY post about MY problem with MY laptop.

And yes, I am not an expert in Computer Engineering, I am a Computer Science guy, I tested the version for the I7-8750h and didn't get the best result VS the config I had (and have now).

I don't really care if you have 4.5k posts nor replies, that's good for you to help and support the community, but no need to be rude with people that are here for the same as you. I made this post because there were none talking about this problem on this specific laptop model, then, myself came here with the solution I founded.

As I said, it can be a thermal paste problem, yes, but in my case it isn't, I already repasted it with different brands, works for a while and then goes back to "normal". 

Many things can go different on the result, the ambient, the place the laptop is, the thermal paste, the power supply, its not only the TS profile that will fix everything that's what I was trying to tell you on the last post.
  • meloandrefilipe
    meloandrefilipe Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Bassili said:
    Hello everyone,
    I have a Helios 300 laptop
    specs: i7-7700HQ CPU
              16GB RAM
              64 bit
              GTX 1060
    The problem is facing instant fps drops while playing pubg (from 80 to 30 an I don't know why it is 80 I think I should) and cs go (from 180 to 50).
    Video graphics are set to the lowest possible.
    Integrity of game file are verified on steam.
    Graphic drivers are updated.
    PLZ can anyone help me with the solution???
    Thank you in advance:)
    Hey @Bassili,

Notice that your CPU is different then mine, I do not advise you to test my config!

If you feel comfortable to use TS on your laptop, you can try the config for your specific model available here, liked by @xapim.

In any case, you should check this basic step:
    • Play with power supply connected (make sure that you have your battery at 100% as well, in my model of this laptop I can play after the 40%);
    • Check if your laptop is having the "space to breathe";
    • Use PredatorSense to boost your Fans;
    • If you have the laptop for a while, a cleanup would be recommended (check with the store helpdesk where you bought your laptop);
    note: CSGO and PUBG are different games, CSGO is more a CPU game and PUBG a bit of both (CPU & GPU).
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    meloandrefilipe not being rude just made my point about what was said you can interpret it as you like and im a pretty calm and relaxed person :)
    (when i said check my posts was about the statement of me advising everyone to repaste it while voiding their warranty to find any where i have said that nothing else)

Also just want to pint that if windows its not properly optimized to start with undervolting wont do anything anyway and theres no conf for my cpu i use the 7700HQ and always worked fine (i even use the same conf on a friends nitro 5 i5 8th gen, my spin 5 8th gen and aspire 5 10th gen completely different gen cpus) so any conf from either a previous or after model should work fine and it can be also be tweaked manually to get the best of it, unless anyone won the silicone lottery optimizing/undervolting/lifting the back 2/3 inches for a proper airflow should provide good results if not only repasting as i already mentioned many times either by acer under warranty or even if no seals/stickers everyone can do it themselves with the paste they want if they know what they are doing and dont damage anything there wont be any issues

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Azomantorch
    Azomantorch Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Jamie2468 said:
    I have the same specs apart from my screen size is the 17.3" version. I've had the laptop for little over 2 weeks now and have the exact same issues as yourself. Playing games like Overwatch, Fortnite, Battlefield 5 on the lowest settings still cause unexpected frame drops and unresponsive game controls which lasts between 5 and 15 seconds which is ruining the experience.

I have recorded CPU temperatures via predator sense registering at up to 100 degrees Celcius and usualy sit around the 95 mark which very hot imo. I have the laptop raised 5 inches from the desk so as not to restrict any airflow but this doesnt help at all.

trying to contact Acer directly so hopefully they have a solution for this problem.

Have you had anymore information regarding your issues that's helped

Bassili said:
    Hello everyone,
              16GB RAM
              64 bit
              GTX 1060
    The problem is facing instant fps drops while playing pubg (from 80 to 30 an I don't know why it is 80 I think I should) and cs go (from 180 to 50).
    Hey @Bassili,

Notice that your CPU is different then mine, I do not advise you to test my config!

If you feel comfortable to use TS on your laptop, you can try the config for your specific model available here, liked by @xapim.

• Play with power supply connected (make sure that you have your battery at 100% as well, in my model of this laptop I can play after the 40%);
    • If you have the laptop for a while, a cleanup would be recommended (check with the store helpdesk where you bought your laptop);
    note: CSGO and PUBG are different games, CSGO is more a CPU game and PUBG a bit of both (CPU & GPU).
    Hi - I tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiA0zRbzko tips and tricks to remove unnecessary services and apps that works in the background. I added some ThrottleStop apps in the Task Scheduler. It helps a lot in improving FPS. I tested in Wolcen Ultra High and it works. Follow also guide on how to enable GPU utilization through NVIDIA Panel. I think it works/helps you just need to setting the graphics setting on high or medium if you are not satisfied.
  • Azomantorch
    Azomantorch Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Jamie2468 said:
    I have the same specs apart from my screen size is the 17.3" version. I've had the laptop for little over 2 weeks now and have the exact same issues as yourself. Playing games like Overwatch, Fortnite, Battlefield 5 on the lowest settings still cause unexpected frame drops and unresponsive game controls which lasts between 5 and 15 seconds which is ruining the experience.

I have recorded CPU temperatures via predator sense registering at up to 100 degrees Celcius and usualy sit around the 95 mark which very hot imo. I have the laptop raised 5 inches from the desk so as not to restrict any airflow but this doesnt help at all.

trying to contact Acer directly so hopefully they have a solution for this problem.

Have you had anymore information regarding your issues that's helped

Bassili said:
    Hello everyone,
              16GB RAM
              64 bit
              GTX 1060
    Hey @Bassili,

Hi - I tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiA0zRbzko tips and tricks to remove unnecessary services and apps that works in the background. I added some ThrottleStop apps in the Task Scheduler. It helps a lot in improving FPS. I tested in Wolcen Ultra High and it works. Follow also guide on how to enable GPU utilization through NVIDIA Panel. I think it works/helps you just need to setting the graphics setting on high or medium if you are not satisfied.
  • HernanRod
    HernanRod Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hi everyone, yesterday i fixed my Acer Predator helios 300 PH 315-51 overheating and with fps drops in Dota 2. ( i had 80 fps with drops to 15)

After huge research and nothing working for me, i tried playing with the fans and max speed, and the fps changed to 100 to 40 more or less. So it was a cooler problem, i disarm the notebook (about 1,5 years old and i had never cleaned inside) and the coolers were really dirty. Now i play dota 2 full graphics with 140 fps with little drops to 100 fps. Obviously the T° of the CPU and GPU dropped a lot too, but i didn't check to the exact numbers.

Sorry about my english is not great haha

I recommend watching Youtube videos about how to disarm and clean the Predator correctly

Good luck!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    HernanRod thermal throttling of course if you havent optimised windows properly and undervolted thats what u get on all stock laptops no matter which manufacturer and repasting it with kryonaut or similar for those who are able to without viding the warranty solves all thermal issues 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/