[Graphics Driver Update] Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series {Updates+Repost}

Options
FelGate
FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
To all my beloved fellow Acer A315-41/41G with AMD Ryzen™ Processor users.
For this kind of problem. I somehow fixed the graphic card issues around 25% of the current issue by using another driver.
Note: This somehow still just fell inside the Radeon Settings 17.7. You can update it and it is compatible for those Who have AMD Vega Graphics with Radeon 535 Graphics using Radeon Settings 17.7 (OEM) itself. I will help you how I got it working properly for the mean time. [Sadly, We can't update it to the Latest version somehow. I was trying to make an Updated Modded Driver but I'm not great with coding. XD]

These steps will help you go through the Process.
First and foremost do it at your own risk. So, Follow the steps properly and trust me.
Step One:
Download this Graphic Driver through my OneDrive
(AMD Ryzen Processor Graphic.7z)

Step Two:
Extract it on any Folder you can Access Easily (Desktop most probably)

Step Three: (Sentou Kaishi)
Go to Windows Settings

Step Four:
Select Update & Security

Step Five:
Select Recovery

Step Six:
On Advance Startup
Click Restart

Step Seven:
Press Startup Settings
*If you can't see it on first Selection
**Click More Recovery Options at the Bottom of the Selection

Step Eight:
(After Restart)
Press F4/Enable Safe Mode

Step Nine:
(When you are already in your Windows Interface)
Press Windows Key + X (to Open Power User Menu)

Step Ten:
Select Device Manager

Step Eleven:
Expand Display Adapters

Step Twelve [A]: Overlapping Drivers
Right Click on Any of the Adapters [Select on Whether its Vega Graphics or the Radeon 535 Graphics (Just one adapter would update both)]
Select Update Driver
Note: You can also uninstall the Drivers first. For More Neat Installation

Step Twelve [B (Optional)]: Uninstalling Current Driver
Right Click on Any of the Adapters (Whether its Vega 3 or So and the Radeon 535 Graphics)
Select Uninstall Driver (Both Vega and Radeon 535 drivers must be uninstalled)
Tick Delete the driver software for this device
Click Uninstall

Step Twelve [B (Optional)]: Continuation
Press F5 (to Refresh the Components)
*Expand Display Adapters and it would show Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (This is your Vega Graphics)
**Remember Installing driver on one adapter would install on both adapters

Step Thirteen: Installation
After selecting Update driver
Select Browse my Computer for driver software
Browse
And Select the AMD Vega Series + Radeon 535 folder you have extracted
And click Next
(After driver Installation, Restart your Laptop)

Bonus Step (Optional):
(on Normal Boot Windows after Restart)
Open the Extracted folder (AMD Vega Series + Radeon 535)
Open B330055 folder
Select/Find ccc2_install.exe
Double click to Install
After Installation Close the Installer Window
Then do Restart
***This would activate the Radeon Settings Notification Icon

[Hurray! Screen bugs like Screen Display Discoloration will be fixed and more. Also, Your Radeon 535 Graphics will work properly now.]

(Question: Why not do the driver installation while it's on Normal Mode Windows than Safe Mode? Answer: There's a probability that it cannot Install the driver properly. Instead it will restart your laptop unexpectedly. Which can interrupt Driver installation. Acer bugs fault.)

Notes & Information:
Vega Series + Radeon 535 Graphics would work properly on all/some of the applications and games.
I can now use both of my/our Vega Series + Radeon 535 Graphics in this list of my Design/Rendering/School and Office Applications without problems.
Autodesk Softwares like AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, Maya and so on.
Adobe Cloud Applications (You name it.)
I also used to play games using either Vega Series (Battery/Plugged-in Mode) or Radeon 535 (Plugged-in Mode) through Radeon Settings' Switchable Graphic Profile.
Final Fantasy XV PC Version
Dota 2
League of Legends
and more. Just name it.

For more questions/complain. Contact me here through this community. Thank you and Cheers!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thanks again for the report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SunSetTR
    SunSetTR Member Posts: 76 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Thanks, it worked. You did what Acer couldn't. The screen has been sent twice for service due to freezing and tearing. They say there's no problem with the hardware. The software should be highly updated.
  • JackE
    Options
    SunSetTR Thanks for the confirmation of FelGate 's suggestions! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• f4nb0x
    f4nb0x Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    nothing works for me. im using windows 10 1703, acer a315-41g-r4bw please help :(
  • JackE
    Options
    f4nb0x Microsoft no longer supports Win10 1703.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    Options
    f4nb0x said:
    nothing works for me. im using windows 10 1703, acer a315-41g-r4bw please help :(
    JackE said:
    f4nb0x Microsoft no longer supports Win10 1703.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet Jack E/NJ

Yes, Maybe you should update your Windows first to version 1803
  • f4nb0x

Tinkerer

Options
    it seems i cant find 1803 update for windows. only 1809 available on microsoft website 
  • f4nb0x

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Options
    I cant even use 5tabs on my chrome bec of hardisk always at 100%
  • JackE
    Options
    f4nb0x Just left click on the Windows start icon. Click settings. Click update/security. Click on Windows update details. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• f4nb0x

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    f4nb0x Just left click on the Windows start icon. Click settings. Click update/security. Click on Windows update details. Jack E/NJ

I already did that sir. Stuck at checking update. This laptop is a week old and its frustrating to use 😞 Im updating 1809 using windows upgrade tool
  • JackE
    Options
    NOOOO! Not the upgrade. You already have the ACER flavored version of Win10 on your machine, not Win8.x. The upgrade tool puts a Microsoft generic version of Win10. The update checking takes a while. Sometime an hour or more. UPDATE is not the same as UPGRADE! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• f4nb0x

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    NOOOO! Not the upgrade. You already have the ACER flavored version of Win10 on your machine, not Win8.x. The upgrade tool puts a Microsoft generic version of Win10. The update checking takes a while. Sometime an hour or more. UPDATE is not the same as UPGRADE! Jack E/NJ
    i did a clean install via bootable windows. i did try 1803 and 1809 still no luck same issue. BSOD and when i open vlc black screen pops up. the disk always at 100%. :(
  • chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Just came to say on this post, that the current/latest 18.12.2 (Adrenalin 2019) drivers gave the 2500u a substantial boost in gpu performance, its just too bad that the STAPM limits the performance so much on these laptops.
  • JackE
    Options
    f4nb0x >>>This laptop is a week old and its frustrating to use>>>>

Don't waste any more time on this. Return it to the seller/vendor for a refund or replacement ASAP before the returns time-limit policy expires. ACER warranty service will likely take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• f4nb0x

Tinkerer

Options
    i dont think if they will refund/replace this. bec it passes the 7 days replacement. i dont know what to do, i cant even use my laptop very well. its like im back at a old age laptop :(
  • JackE
    Options
    f4nb0x Have you tried the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset yet? If not, turn your machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If the generic Win10 installation USB didn't erase the hidden ACER reset partition, a recovery screen should appear like in the video below. Follow directions to reset your machine to a factory fresh Win10 state. If it still doesn't fix the problem then you will have to arrange for ACER warranty service if you can't return the machine to the seller for a refund or exchange. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    edited December 2018
    Options
    f4nb0x said:
    f4nb0x said:
    i dont think if they will refund/replace this. bec it passes the 7 days replacement. i dont know what to do, i cant even use my laptop very well. its like im back at a old age laptop :(
    Hello again mate. @f4nb0x Sorry for the very late response with your problem. The reason behind why our disk always have this 100% problem is because of some certain reasons, one is that, it's maybe the controller of the HDD on the motherboard that causes this problem and second, I am not certain but I also think that it's because of the wire that connects our HDD to the motherboard since these laptops (A315-41G's) don't have the direct connection between the HDD and the Motherboard. So maybe, just maybe, that this wire produces some data lag to the motherboard that causes data delays in receiving and transferring data/commands/requests.

For the disk I also have come up with one solution.
    Me and My officemate bought Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G. But she has the AMD Ryzen 3 2200U Processor with the 535, while me, I have the same as yours.
    Yes, of course. I have the same problem as yours, specifically, we have the same problems as yours, HDD always getting at 100%, these visual discolorations, and so forth. These 41G's has a M.2 SSD Slot. So, In order to solve the problem. You can buy a M.2 SSD put it in the slot.
    **To access the M.2 SSD Slot is pretty way easy. But take note. Do this if you don't care about your warranty. But if you do care then don't do this. and of course do this if you already have a M.2 SSD with you.
    Open your RAM bay and Remove your RAM
    Open your HDD bay and Remove your HDD
    Then unscrew all the screw you can see in your laptop's belly
    Then you can just remove the whole protector thing.
    The M.2 SSD slot is just at the not so - top right side on the RAM
    Insert your M.2 SSD then lock it up with a screw. (Find a screw that fits, Since there is no screw provided)
    Then put all back to it's normal form. The Belly cover, the screws, the HDD, the RAM and its covers.
    Boot your Windows and It will reconfigure
    Reboot again and it will show your SSD as a New Drive
    Lastly, Migrate your Windows to the SSD
    So, You will have the SSD as your system and boot and the HDD as the storage of all your stuffs.
    And that 100% disk problem is just a thing in the past.

This solve my officemate's problem while me. I still have this 100% Usage disk problem since I didn't bought a M.2 SSD.
  • FelGate
    Options
    You can do either Migrate your OS from the HDD to the SSD or Install a Fresh Windows on the SSD mate.
  • f4nb0x

Tinkerer

Options
    FelGate said:
    f4nb0x said:
    f4nb0x said:
    Hello again mate. @f4nb0x Sorry for the very late response with your problem. The reason behind why our disk always have this 100% problem is because of some certain reasons, one is that, it's maybe the controller of the HDD on the motherboard that causes this problem and second, I am not certain but I also think that it's because of the wire that connects our HDD to the motherboard since these laptops (A315-41G's) don't have the direct connection between the HDD and the Motherboard. So maybe, just maybe, that this wire produces some data lag to the motherboard that causes data delays in receiving and transferring data/commands/requests.

Me and My officemate bought Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G. But she has the AMD Ryzen 3 2200U Processor with the 535, while me, I have the same as yours.
    Yes, of course. I have the same problem as yours, specifically, we have the same problems as yours, HDD always getting at 100%, these visual discolorations, and so forth. These 41G's has a M.2 SSD Slot. So, In order to solve the problem. You can buy a M.2 SSD put it in the slot.
    **To access the M.2 SSD Slot is pretty way easy. But take note. Do this if you don't care about your warranty. But if you do care then don't do this. and of course do this if you already have a M.2 SSD with you.
    Insert your M.2 SSD then lock it up with a screw. (Find a screw that fits, Since there is no screw provided)
    Then put all back to it's normal form. The Belly cover, the screws, the HDD, the RAM and its covers.
    So, You will have the SSD as your system and boot and the HDD as the storage of all your stuffs.

This solve my officemate's problem while me. I still have this 100% Usage disk problem since I didn't bought a M.2 SSD.
    what m.2 ssd should i get? sata or nvme? sorry im new here :(
  • FelGate
    Options
    f4nb0x said:
    FelGate said:
    f4nb0x said:
    f4nb0x said:

what m.2 ssd should i get? sata or nvme? sorry im new here :(
    You can use either M.2 Nvme or M.2 Sata technology. But everything varies on the technology and speed provided by the SSD itself and/or what is supported by the controller and the motherboard.