[Graphics Driver Update] Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series {Updates+Repost}

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    f4nb0x Before you start throwing more money at this issue and messing with the hardware that might void the warranty, I suggest you try to re-set your machine as mentioned above to see if the issue is resolved. Your machine is still under warranty if it doesn't fix the problem. Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/626103/#Comment_626103

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    f4nb0x Before you start throwing more money at this issue and messing with the hardware that might void the warranty, I suggest you try to re-set your machine as mentioned above to see if the issue is resolved. Your machine is still under warranty if it doesn't fix the problem. Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/626103/#Comment_626103

Good day sir. I also have this issue since we have the same model and resetting everything won't work. I even tried about 5-7 Fresh installations of Windows but this 100% disk usage problem is really a problem. I think the problem is with the design of this laptop. Since the HDD is connected to the motherboard through a data cable/wire or maybe because the controller of the HDD in the motherboard itself. The HDD has no problem. Even if you change your HDD to another one HDD of a kind, it will still have this 100% usage problem, Change it to SSHD and you will find it bottlenecking and will eventually reach 100% usage most of the time and also with a traditional 2.5" Sata SSD you will really feel bottlenecking in the performance. So, I found a fix by using a m.2 SSD. Since this unit has M.2 Slot in it. By using this you can have both M.2 SSD + (2.5" HDD/SSHD/SSD) working. But still if you put something on your HDD. Well, that'll eventually reach 100% usage as expected but will not affect the performance If your Windows is on the M.2 SSD of course.
  • JackE
    Options
    FelGate  That might be the case. But depending on the region, a valid warranty could be voided by opening the laptop to install and/or otherwise replace any of the hardware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    Options
    JackE said:
    FelGate  That might be the case. But depending on the region, a valid warranty could be voided by opening the laptop to install and/or otherwise replace any of the hardware. Jack E/NJ
    Yes, I understand that sir. Well yeah, that also depends on them if they would or they won't void their warranties but at the very least this is another only way to fix the 100% disk usage problem for this series of laptop and in this case it's also sad to have this another kind of problem on their behalves.
  • f4nb0x
    f4nb0x Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Very well said @fel
    FelGate said:
    JackE said:
    Yes, I understand that sir. Well yeah, that also depends on them if they would or they won't void their warranties but at the very least this is another only way to fix the 100% disk usage problem for this series of laptop and in this case it's also sad to have this another kind of problem on their behalves.
    very well said. i hope acer can fix this issues
  • JackE
    Options
    f4nb0x As I previously said, you should try to re-set your machine to see if the issue is resolved. Your machine would still be under warranty to be fixed if the re-set doesn't fix the problem. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• f4nb0x
    f4nb0x Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    f4nb0x As I previously said, you should try to re-set your machine to see if the issue is resolved. Your machine would still be under warranty to be fixed if the re-set doesn't fix the problem. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

i already did this. upgrade into ssd solve my problem. thank you.
  • bamyfier
    bamyfier Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    hey! will that work on windows 8.1? i switched from win10 to win 8.1
  • FelGate
    Options
    bamyfier said:
    Hi there mate. I never tried to run it on Windows 8/8.1 but give it a try. I hope it would work. Sorry for the late response.
  • WatJstHappnd
    WatJstHappnd Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited February 2019
    Options
    FelGate said:
    bamyfier said:
    Hi there mate. I never tried to run it on Windows 8/8.1 but give it a try. I hope it would work. Sorry for the late response.
    Just in advance this is not relevant to what bamy said, also I apologise if I'm necroposting.
    Hey felgate I'm a bit lost on what to do, I've got 1809 windows, and messed up amd drivers. My amd drivers are not anywhere to be found - Right clicking the desktop doesn't list it & searching for it in the start bar/menu thing is no use either.  I've tried using ddu & amdcleanuputility, but neither are working, every time I reinstall the amd drivers (which I'm aware aren't made for my product) it says : " Components are already installed "  Even if I delete the contents of the amd file and reinstall the drivers the same thing happens.            The performance of the laptop isn't as good & video's flash this green overlay thing, or it merges different pages together with these 4 corner black squares with white in the middle.    

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
    Dan

• FelGate
    Options
    FelGate said:
    bamyfier said:
    Just in advance this is not relevant to what bamy said, also I apologise if I'm necroposting.
    Hey felgate I'm a bit lost on what to do, I've got 1809 windows, and messed up amd drivers. My amd drivers are not anywhere to be found - Right clicking the desktop doesn't list it & searching for it in the start bar/menu thing is no use either.  I've tried using ddu & amdcleanuputility, but neither are working, every time I reinstall the amd drivers (which I'm aware aren't made for my product) it says : " Components are already installed "  Even if I delete the contents of the amd file and reinstall the drivers the same thing happens.            The performance of the laptop isn't as good & video's flash this green overlay thing, or it merges different pages together with these 4 corner black squares with white in the middle.    

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
    Dan

Good afternoon mate. Sorry for the very late response due to the fact that I am busy with my schooling. Regarding with your problem. It really seems that there is really a problem is with the Microsoft OS itself. I am running Windows Server 2016 right now for several reasons like performance issues with the Windows 10 builds and updates. Regarding also with the performances. Microsoft is really to be blamed plus Acer Corporation not updating their drivers is really adding more headaches to their users. As Windows 10 getting updates and patches the more it gets slower and slower.
  • Hidrojen
    Hidrojen Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Can't you tell us with a video?
  • Hidrojen
    Hidrojen Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I downloaded the amd.com driver and the computer is very good! thank you.
  • Rhon
    Rhon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    f4nb0x said:
    nothing works for me. im using windows 10 1703, acer a315-41g-r4bw please help :(
    A315 41g r4bw really is so slow, and m.2 sata doest recognize by the system itself
  • VincePH
    VincePH Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, after all these steps, is it going to switch GPU automatically? Or you need to choose what you preferred in different applications?