i have acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 2500u, my cpu doesnt go beyond 1.6ghz while on battery need help?

Answers

• rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @acer i really want you guys to look into this issue 
  • What is the version bios @rahulpareek9250?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rahulpareek9250
    @egydiocoelho 1.13 
  • ayushn212
    ayushn212 Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    bansalg43 said:
    @ayushn212
    brother i am suffering for same problem in my Acer Nitro 5 amd ryzen 2500u mobile processer with rx506x graphics
    plz tell me if you get any solution
    i dont think there is a solution for this problem i think they intentionally locked the cpu to 1.6ghz maybe to give more battery backup
  • rahulpareek9250
    but performance is not good on battery even when i turn on laptop it takes some time for even login screen to load after that too app takes time to load even i have only necessary things on startup
  • ayushn212
    edited March 2019
    i recently bought a wd green ssd 240gb and now laptop is smooth as butter (its the cheapest on the market right now)
  • rahulpareek9250
    but they should have provided option in bios to lock and unlock cpu so that users can choose according to their needs
  • ayushn212
    it is just a budget gaming laptop so thats why
  • rahulpareek9250
    @Acer-Manny
    can you please tell will there be any update resolving this issue or it will remain as a big con for it?
  • ayushn212
    its depends on amd as ryzen mobile processor is fairly new and all we can do is wait but i think they shouldnot make the same mistake with 3rd gen ryzen mobile cpu's
  • rahulpareek9250
    it was resolved in other laptops with bios updates i also have a dell laptop having same cpu but it's blazing fast 
  • ayushn212
    well if thats so then acer is to blame 
  • Have you already updated to see if it solves the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ayushn212
    my laptop is updated with latest bios and driver and nothing changed regarding cpu frquency
  • rahulpareek9250
    egydiocoelho i have updated everything when i run on batteries it is stuck at less then 1.6 but when i connect it to ac the freq goes till 2.2 and above
  • gshaw
    gshaw Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

vkk said:
    gshaw said:
    It's not a bug, it is a feature, as confirmed by Acer support. I have an Acer Aspire A515-41 with A12-9720P and an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 with Ryzen 5 2500U, both with exactly the same issue. It is hard locked from the manufacturer for increased battery life, and nothing will change it.
    Strange ; if battery  life is the concern why doesnt CPU go below 1.6 ? Sounds like buggy engineering  
    Turbo boost is completely disabled in battery mode, so frequency stays fixed at 1.6, goes neither above or below.
  • gshaw
    gshaw Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    ayushn212 said:
    its depends on amd as ryzen mobile processor is fairly new and all we can do is wait but i think they shouldnot make the same mistake with 3rd gen ryzen mobile cpu's
    As I have written earlier on this thread, it's not a bug, it is a feature, as confirmed by Acer support. I have an Acer Aspire A515-41 with A12-9720P and an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 with Ryzen 5 2500U, both with exactly the same issue. It is hard locked from the manufacturer for increased battery life, and nothing will change it. It is a common issue on all Acer laptops with AMD CPUs.
    As far as performance it concerned, the reduced frequency does not really matter for daily usage. Of course, it affects heavy usage scenarios like gaming. However, the kind of slowness mentioned by some users should be attributed to the mechanical HDD rather than the CPU. Add an SSD, and ideally upgrage the RAM to dual channel 16GB, and then notice the change in performance!

• rahulpareek9250
    @gshaw
    when using battery and doing programming tasks the laptop usually takes lot of time compared to when it is plugged in
  • rahulpareek9250
    @Acer-Manny
     can't acer add feature in bios like you did for keyboard backlight to unlock the 1.6 freq lock when running on batteries what's the use of it being a gaming laptop when you cannot use it to its full extent