i have acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 2500u, my cpu doesnt go beyond 1.6ghz while on battery need help?

124»

Answers

• @Tarzanxt Check this link: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/636299/#Comment_636299 
    It is a much riskier procedure than the bios upgrade!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • These notebook models have processors that are energy-efficient! Not a notebook for high performance! This was done intentionally, so that the autonomy is increased in the battery!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited April 2019
    but it is a gaming laptop it should be kept in mind what is a use of gaming laptop when it is not able to use itself to its full potential i know acer enginners are very good and know these stuff much better then me but what is the use of a gaming laptop if it can't run properly its own programs i really consider acer to be a good company by they need to correct it if they want to survive in market
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @Acer-Manny
    i think you should think about this stuff please it would be very nice if you can link this 1.6 ghz lock to nitrosense modes when we switched to performance
    mode in it the soft lock would automatically be removed by doing that we get good battery life as well as better performance too i think you will look into it and make this laptop a good value for money
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Have you checked the previous link?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    I know of the risks of doing a bios downgrade! I'm also not an amateur and I've just suggested a possible solution to your problem!
    As your notebook model is still current, it is possible that Acer will release some firmware versions uefi!

[Edited link]

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    edited December 2022

I am facing the same issue with my 2200u, stuck to 1.6 ghz on battery.

The solution I found was to modify the registry entry of amdppm -> start from 3 to 4.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AmdPPM

PS: it is very sad that such a hot topic goes down to bottom, it should be sticky.

also, read these:

Some AMD laptops reduce system performance for better battery life, but is that OK? | Windows Central

AMD laptops have a hidden 10-second performance delay. Here’s why | Ars Technica

so, it seems that we live in a pretty unfair world. wouldn't be right that future buyer should know about it?

also, this topic is wrongly tagged as solved , it is not solved.

i suggest to all the ryzen owner to share their maxim cpu freq while on battery. thanx!