Repair my computer

Options
cuse165
cuse165 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
My laptop is dead looking like the motherboard(not sure). It's just over a year old do I am looking into having it repaired by Acer. I am thing with shipping and the parts in labor it will cost some ware $200.00+. Has anyone had there laptop repaired by Acer and how does the repair process work? I know being a Acer website some answers might be a little biased but would it might be cheaper to bring it to a third party. Also could Acer just tell me what's wrong with out the repair? It is out of warranty. 

Thank you

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi cuse165, firstly i want to know the issue which you are facing in the computer, based on the troubleshoot we will determine whether it is a hardware issue or software issue. If it is the motherboard issue that we need to replace the motherboard and reinstall the OS and repair TAT will be 7-10 Biz days and also based on the snid number we will inform you how much it will cost for the repair.
  • cuse165
    cuse165 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Well the issue is a power issue. The pc won't turn on at all no screen or lights nothing it is lifeless. I did all the troubleshooting https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/606695#Comment_606695. No luck and I did everything but the jumpers. I am guessing it's the motherboard I don't think it's getting any power from AC or battery. If it was something else I would guess you would at least have the lights. So that's where I am looking for repairs and pricing.