Cool boost isn't working on Nitro vn7 593G

Options
2»

Answers

• Jason_xX
    Jason_xX Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I would rather try cleaning the fans according to the tip of @JackE colleague and I would also change the thermal paste of the processor! I would also try to update the bios, because it is this firmware who does what controls the temperature and the speed of the fans!
    JackE said:
    Not as good as a vacuum cleaner on the air intake ports. Also blow air through the exhaust ports. Jack E/NJ
    Will it be possible that there is problem with the power consumption/discharge?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not think it's a power or battery problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options
    Well, if the battery is low to begin with when you start playing very demanding games, the charger may not be able to adequately keep up with the load of both charging the depleted battery and supplying the needed CPU/GPU power at the same time. You really should start with a near fully charged battery when you start playing heavily to take some of the stress off the charger. Jack E/ NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jason_xX
    Options
    JackE said:
    Well, if the battery is low to begin with when you start playing very demanding games, the charger may not be able to adequately keep up with the load of both charging the depleted battery and supplying the needed CPU/GPU power at the same time. You really should start with a near fully charged battery when you start playing heavily to take some of the stress off the charger. Jack E/ NJ
    The laptop will shut down suddenly in both plug-in and not plug-in situation. If the laptop is not charging, the fps becomes very low.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>The laptop will shut down suddenly in both plug-in and not plug-in situation.>>>

This was not my point.  My point was that if plugged in with a nearly-discharged battery, the charger is under a much higher much load than  if plugged in with a fully-charged battery. That is, the charger may not have enough power to both charge a nearly-discharged battery and at the same time a heavily game-loaded  CPU/GPU. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jason_xX
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>The laptop will shut down suddenly in both plug-in and not plug-in situation.>>>

This was not my point.  My point was that if plugged in with a nearly-discharged battery, the charger is under a much higher much load than  if plugged in with a fully-charged battery. That is, the charger may not have enough power to both charge a nearly-discharged battery and at the same time a heavily game-loaded  CPU/GPU. Jack E/NJ

Got it I played my laptop in a fully charged situation and it was plugged-in and laptop suddenly shut down in this situation. I didn't play my laptop when it is nearly-discharged and plug in.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. First try external vacuuming/blowing the air intake/exhaust ports. If that doesn't do it, then the BIOS update. If still no joy, arrange for warranty repair. Re-pasting might be a bit too invasive and void the warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yes Windows updates caused temperature increases for everyone! Not cool. (Lol get it?! 😐)

Anyway.. you can try cleaning dust from fans especially on the Acer notebooks with "dust defender" there are small ports on the bottom of the laptop that are supposed to remove the dust when the fans reverse direction, on my G9-793 these ports get clogged and cause temperature issues.
    Although I did not know the Nitro has a dust defender option???

You can also try reinstalling Acer's "Turbo Boost" drivers from their website, its fixed many issues with Predator Sense/Nitro Sense after latest windows update.
    While your installing drivers I recommend grabbing the Intel AHCI, VGA and chipset drivers as well, these are force updated by windows and the custom drivers Acer releases work best with temp control and Predator/Nitro Sense.

Another thing to try would be to update your BIOs as they give performance optimizations as windows progresses. (I recommend BIOs update 1.13).

I also created a youtube channel to help alleviate high temperatures. Try this video out.

https://youtu.be/XTPMwQKlfPE

Lastly you may want to consider undervolting.
    It is quite common especially on gaming laptops to slightly lessen the voltage supplied to your CPU which does not degrade performance but rather uses less voltage to reach the same clock speeds which lessens temperatures.

If you have a i5 7th gen I included undervolt values in this video as well.

https://youtu.be/N3v3o21M8gg

Let me know how it goes!!
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Also Id like to add that if you follow the above undervolting video, you can uncheck the box on the main screen of Throttlestop where it says "BDProChot" to get rid of that annoying auto shut down when a certain temperature is reached. (85 C is too low to shut down!)
    - Hotel Hero