Cool boost isn't working on Nitro vn7 593G

Jason_xX
Jason_xX Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Cool boost used to work on my laptop before when I am playing games. But, it doesn't work anymore when I am playing games. Fans used to spin so loud before but fans just don't spin that fast as before like I am not enabling the cool boost when I am playing the same game. Then, after playing for about 10 mins, the laptop just shut down itself. And I found that the time shown in my laptop was 1 hour less than the actual time when I open the laptop later on. I tried to reinstall the quick access but it didn't help. 

Answers

• Your notebook has turned off as a protective measure! The processor must have overheated for lack of ventilation! Generally the motherboard slows down the processor to prevent overheating and shuts off! About the fact that the hours are late, it may be that the rtc battery is weak and one of the main symptoms is the delay in the hours! I think the bios is losing settings because the rtc battery is weak, however I've never seen a rtc battery interfere with the speed of the cooler! If your notebook is under warranty, I recommend you send it to Acer!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jason_xX
    Your notebook has turned off as a protective measure! The processor must have overheated for lack of ventilation! Generally the motherboard slows down the processor to prevent overheating and shuts off! About the fact that the hours are late, it may be that the rtc battery is weak and one of the main symptoms is the delay in the hours! I think the bios is losing settings because the rtc battery is weak, however I've never seen a rtc battery interfere with the speed of the cooler! If your notebook is under warranty, I recommend you send it to Acer!
    It looks like my coolboost are having some problems. Rtc battery is also having problem when it is overheat and casue a time error. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Is your notebook still under warranty? Are you some program that does some control of the fans?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jason_xX
    Is your notebook still under warranty? Are you some program that does some control of the fans?
    Yes, my laptop is under warranty. I couldn't find other programs that can control the fans. Acer only give this program to me.
  • Jason_xX
    When my cpu reaches 85 celcius, the fans still spin as a normal speed.
  • See the normal temperature chart for your notebook:

download the hwmonitor and compare the values!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Has your computer ever suddenly shut down or not? Has the fan speed problem happened after some bios or windows update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jason_xX
    Has your computer ever suddenly shut down or not? Has the fan speed problem happened after some bios or windows update?
    My PC have an experience of shutting down before when I am playing games but it only happen few times only. But my PC shutdown everytime when I play games these days. My fans doesn't speed up starting in October now. I recently found a application to control fan speed and fan does speed up, but my PC will still shut down when temperature of cpu reaches 85 degree.
  • What is the version bios installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Check if this can help! Press windows + r and type regedit. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ OEM \ Quick Access key and look for the coolboost option and change from 0 to 1, like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jason_xX
    edited October 2018
    Check if this can help! Press windows + r and type regedit. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ OEM \ Quick Access key and look for the coolboost option and change from 0 to 1, like this:

The bios version is <insyde crop. v104>.
    I just checked it and the number in regedit is one.
  • Jason_xX said:
    Has your computer ever suddenly shut down or not? Has the fan speed problem happened after some bios or windows update?
    My PC have an experience of shutting down before when I am playing games but it only happen few times only. But my PC shutdown everytime when I play games these days. My fans doesn't speed up starting in October now. I recently found a application to control fan speed and fan does speed up, but my PC will still shut down when temperature of cpu reaches 85 degree.
    If your notebook was already shut down, it is possible that the power interruption button was not pressed properly! It's a button like this:

You should put some of electrical tape to press the button! If your notebook has a warranty seal on the screws, do not open it!

I also saw a topic here in the forum where a user reported that the 1809 version of windows 10 is raising the CPU temperature and interfering with the fans! I recommend that you back up your files and restore the notebook to an earlier version or restore the notebook by using the alt + f10 keys when turning on the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jason_xX
    Jason_xX said:
    If your notebook was already shut down, it is possible that the power interruption button was not pressed properly! It's a button like this:

You should put some of electrical tape to press the button! If your notebook has a warranty seal on the screws, do not open it!

I also saw a topic here in the forum where a user reported that the 1809 version of windows 10 is raising the CPU temperature and interfering with the fans! I recommend that you back up your files and restore the notebook to an earlier version or restore the notebook by using the alt + f10 keys when turning on the notebook!
    I checked that my win10 version is 1803.

My laptop is still in warranty. I can't understand why laptop shut down when temperature only reaches 85 degree because my laptop can still play in 95 degree before.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    @Jason_xX >>>My fans doesn't speed up starting in October now.>>>

@egydiocoelho >>>I also saw a topic here in the forum where a user reported that the 1809 version of windows 10 is raising the CPU temperature and interfering with the fans!>>>

@Jason_xX >>>I checked that my win10 version is 1803.>>>

Double-check version. 1809 might've slipped in there when you weren't looking since it released Oct 2.

If it's still 1803, then I'd first try to alternately vacuum the air intake ports and blow air through the air exhaust ports a few times to try to dislodge dust and debris that might've accumulated around the fans, CPU/GPU and temperature sensor giving false readings.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Jason_xX
    JackE said:
    @Jason_xX >>>My fans doesn't speed up starting in October now.>>>

@egydiocoelho >>>I also saw a topic here in the forum where a user reported that the 1809 version of windows 10 is raising the CPU temperature and interfering with the fans!>>>

@Jason_xX >>>I checked that my win10 version is 1803.>>>

Double-check version. 1809 might've slipped in there when you weren't looking since it released Oct 2.

If it's still 1803, then I'd first try to alternately vacuum the air intake ports and blow air through the air exhaust ports a few times to try to dislodge dust and debris that might've accumulated around the fans, CPU/GPU and temperature sensor giving false readings.

Jack E/NJ 

I run the dust defender Acer app a few times, can this help?
  • This program is designed precisely to eliminate dust, as it will cause the cooler to rotate in the clockwise and counterclockwise directions! See you this link: https://www.acer.com/acerdesign/views/dust_defender.html
    However sometimes it is necessary to do a manual cleaning as indicated by the colleague @JackE!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Not as good as a vacuum cleaner on the air intake ports. Also blow air through the exhaust ports. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jason_xX
    I could feel that the surface of the keyboard and the bottom of the laptop was very hot before, hotter than now and the laptop can still run in that high temperature. However, the laptop just shut down suddenly these days although the temperature of the keyboard and the bottom not as hot as before. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    I would rather try cleaning the fans according to the tip of @JackE colleague and I would also change the thermal paste of the processor! I would also try to update the bios, because it is this firmware who does what controls the temperature and the speed of the fans!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer