[Last Chance] Unexpected Reboots on E5-553-1786, many tests made...

Options
2»

Answers

• FerchogtX
    FerchogtX Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Glad you could solve your problem! On the current battery, did you try to calibrate to see if it returns to show the actual wear level? I just do not understand why you want to change the power adapter too!
    I can't say is trully solved... I will report every week if I had a reboot or not, at least I expect this to be stable for a month or more... because this thing happened to be very random, and very sporadic (like, having a reboot once and then never until a month or two, and then a week later...)

I seek for a new power adapter in case the current 45 W I'm using is not enough to deliver power to the system and the battery...

About the batt, I calibrated it once, but keeps degrading fast, so I suspect it's defective...
  • FerchogtX
    Options
    Week 2... no reboots so far, keep you fingers crossed... :tongue:
  • FerchogtX
    Options
    @JackE Week 3... today I had a reboot... Same WHEA Error and all... I've been working with Defender all the time, so that rules out the AV software.

While I can finally buy the batt and the charger, I just have one option to test now... the sound driver, as @Red-Sand says... now, what to do? I currently use the R281 diver from realtek... what should I install? How did you fix the problem you had with Realtek drivers?

This is my last hope before I buy a new Motherboard...

Thanks in advance guys.

Cya!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>This is my last hope before I buy a new Motherboard...>>>

Fahgeddaboutit! One random shutdown or reboot in 3 weeks means nothing! Check that safety switch again! Put more tape or spacers on it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Install the Realtek drivers from Acer's website for your model.
    Realtek caused me all sorts of issues (the one Windows gives).
    - Hotel Hero
  • FerchogtX
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>This is my last hope before I buy a new Motherboard...>>>

Fahgeddaboutit! One random shutdown or reboot in 3 weeks means nothing! Check that safety switch again! Put more tape or spacers on it. Jack E/NJ
    Just done that, let's see if that does the trick... Thanks! ^_^

Red-Sand said:
    Install the Realtek drivers from Acer's website for your model.
    Realtek caused me all sorts of issues (the one Windows gives).
    I'm currently using the ones from Realtek site (R281) are those good or I still better install the ones from Acer?

Thanks a bunch!!
  • FerchogtX
    Options
    Ah, also forgot to ask... did you have the same event errors as me with that wrong driver? What symptoms you had? Just to be sure.

Cya!
  • FelGate
    FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    @FerchogtX Hi there mate. I also have this unexpected reboots, also concludes that it is a hardware problem. If you are using Windows 10. This may be the Problem caused after upgrading windows version to a later version or just receiving updates from Microsoft itself (Example: I fresh install a Windows 10 1803 after a Windows 10 1803 updates installed on my laptop or fresh install Windows 10 1709 and received 1803 updates, my laptop just reboot unexpectedly not just monthly or weekly but imagine every 5 minutes or 30 or after a hour). Since it has so many bugs. I was forced to Use Lower versions like Windows 8 for now and this also fixed the unexpected reboots they made.
  • FerchogtX
    Options

Ahhhh well... 2 days after the reboot I got another... I applied more spacers to the safety button and such...
    I don't know if I should continue and test with changing the drivers... as this happened with other versions as far as I can tell and my memory doesn't betray me... I don't know if the Acer site drivers will make any difference...

Any other suggestion before I hunt for that motherboard replacement? :/

Sorry guys, I can't be too optimistic taking in mind all what I have done so far...

Thanks a bunch!
  • FerchogtX
    Options
    Just because it was quick, I reverted the sound driver to the one the Acer site offers... Let's hope that makes the trick, but at this point, I have no hope on that :/

Wish me luck...

Thanks for all your assistance!
  • JackE
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Check your event logs. If you see kernel power interruptions, then the safety switch is still the most likely cause. I'd try cleaning its contacts by quickly pressing the spring-loaded switch repeatedly for a minute or so. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FerchogtX
    Options
    JackE said:
    Check your event logs. If you see kernel power interruptions, then the safety switch is still the most likely cause. I'd try cleaning its contacts by quickly pressing the spring-loaded switch repeatedly for a minute or so. Jack E/NJ 
    Sorry for the late answer, I just did that today, let's see if that does the trick ^_^

I think I will leave that one as my really last option... I had that installed and was worse for some reason... :/

Thanks a bunch again! I will report any results.
  • FerchogtX
    Options
    Well... after a month from the 30th of October, and after having changed the sound drivers, this thing rebooted again...
    I'm out of ideas, I just tried everything, everything.

I don't really know if I should bother anymore with it...

Thanks a bunch, really, you have been really supportive, much more than Acer ever was.

Cheers!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried restoring the operating system to the factory system by pressing alt + f10? I suggest you do this but you need to back up your files!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    FerchogtX>>>I seek for a new power adapter in case the current 45 W I'm using is not enough to deliver power to the system and the battery...>>>About the batt, I calibrated it once, but keeps degrading fast, so I suspect it's defective...>>>

You of course have replaced the puny 45w charger and defective battery, correct? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FerchogtX
    Options
    JackE said:
    FerchogtX>>>I seek for a new power adapter in case the current 45 W I'm using is not enough to deliver power to the system and the battery...>>>About the batt, I calibrated it once, but keeps degrading fast, so I suspect it's defective...>>>

You of course have replaced the puny 45w charger and defective battery, correct? Jack E/NJ

Hi again Jackie!

Well, I was a bit frustrated, but now that I am a bit more calm:

First, I wish to you and the guys a super Merry Christmas! All the good things for you!

About this matter, I tried a 65 watt charger months before, but had the same rebooting issues. what remains to be changed is the battery, and probably the mobo.

About this last, I will see with my close PC fixers (which can bring me the mobo in case it's needed) if the security button can be fixed or soldered again, as I?m noticing, after apliying some patches to have it secure, that the metal part looks like... loose or something, so that would probably discard the CPU going bad, but then this brings two choices, or I see if I can fix it with them, or plain replace the MoBo if thsi cannot be done.

Well, obviously the holidays are here and all, so I will see this issue next year and try to get it fixed once for all XD.

Thank you so much, and Merry Xmas!! <3
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are Welcome! May you also have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer