Answers

• Red-Sand
    Options
    Right on.
    Look forward to results!
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It would be nice to see the results with the ssd intel nvme in raid-0!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • OliverM3
    OliverM3 Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Options

Here are the results so far the LiteON CA1's in raid-0

• Keicchan
    Keicchan Member Posts: 48 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    yeah mine are pretty similar, during prime day i was thinking about swapping mine to 970 too.. i do not just for the price of 2 of them.. now i'm following this post to know how it ends ;D
  • OliverM3
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok everything is back up and reinstalled. I have about 20 reboots in so far just to see if anything drops like the Samsung's did and the Intel's seem ok so far.

I figured I'd do a test before creating the array for single disk Intel 760p's performance. It's not drastically different but who know how good the raid stripes the data across the disks.  Still the performance is overall better than the original LiteOn drives that the system comes with.

I'll keep you posted if I do start losing disks but here are the results.  

Single Intel 760p

Raid-0 with two Intel 760p's

• Keicchan
    Keicchan Member Posts: 48 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

to put a comparison, this is the native ssd of my girlfriend asus rog laptop with a samsung 950 pro 256gb m.2 . A SINGLE   SSD!

that's makes my raid 0 of ssd seems stupid *****... that's why i was hoping/waiting to see some results with some better m2 samsung ssds ;D

• OliverM3
    Options

Yeah in the speed tests raid-0 really doesn't show much of a benefit. I'm not sure how Intel stripes their data if single large files aren't split between disks then you're not going to get a speed increase. Still I'm happy with the performance with either setup.  I did notice that the system supports Raid-1 while I was building the disks so you could use the setup for redundancy if you picked up two large drives. I didn't test it but Raid-1 was an option when I was adding the second disk.

One thing I really like about the intel M.2's is full support on the controller. Something Samsung's don't have if you put a Samsung in the Predator 700 you don't have access to the smart data or firmware updates. When I had the Evo 970's I had to pop them in to my desktop to do a firmware update which really sucks. So does not having access to health and smart data. 

• cmtzc88
    cmtzc88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Any updates on upgrading SSD. I got 1 Triton 700, it came with 1 512GB SSD, and I already have a 1TB single SSD 970 EVO from Samsung, and I'm looking to upgrade this laptop with it. Any recommendations? Please don't say return the laptop and buy another brand. I used to be an Alienware user, but their thermal throttlings let me down. Thank you.
  • judojack1
    judojack1 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    I just completed upgrading my triton 700 with (2) 1TB single samsung 970 evo plus ssds. 1tb for c:\ & 1tb for d:\. I used post from munkay - Jan 2018. system is running great. only problem - in the display -  tried to switch to dark mode is grayed out. not sure why.