PredatorSense, "Sorry! This computer is not supported"

jocosoljobel
jocosoljobel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I had my laptop replaced cause by overheating. The technician said that they have to replace the motherboard to repair the unit. But instead of changing the board, they decided to replace the whole unit with a new one. I was so happy with it since I would be getting a brand new one instead of a repaired one. My concern now is I can't update the PredatorSense neither by the downloaded installer from Acer drivers nor by the auto-update function of PS itself. Every time I try to install it, this prompt always pop-ups, "Sorry! This computer is not supported".

My unit is Predator Helios 300 G3-571, but the system model says it is "G3-571-77QK", not "Predator G3-571" or "G3-571", this is based on dxdiag. For now this is not a critical concern since it works just fine, but once I replace my SSD and lose the pre-installed PS how can I install then? Any suggestions on what certain procedures should I take to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
  • jocosoljobel

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    Thank you for your response.
    I tried the registry trick but the problem still persists. Been searching the Internet and still can't find a solution to this.
  • Try installing the Turbo Boost driver from Avers driver Download page. Ive seen that fix it before.
    - Hotel Hero
  • What exactly are you trying to upgrade for?
    Predator Sense looks normal for your model..
    - Hotel Hero
  • jocosoljobel

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    Try installing the Turbo Boost driver from Avers driver Download page. Ive seen that fix it before.
    Tried it, downloaded the driver from the driver page for g3-571 model but still the same :(
  • jocosoljobel

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    What exactly are you trying to upgrade for?
    Predator Sense looks normal for your model..
    Thank you for responding Sir.

I'm not trying to upgrade it or even "unlocking" the overclocking modes of PS for this model. I'm just concerned that I might not be able to install PS in the future if I change my SSD and lose the pre-installed PS. For now it's working just fine, I just can't update it even with the installer of PS from the drivers page or with the auto-update of PS. Every time I try to install it, the message above prompts. I don't want to try uninstalling it coz I might not be able to install it again.   :/

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Did you remove XTU Service?

If so just install XTU then try update again then remove XTU (If your using Throttlestop etc).
    - Hotel Hero
  • jocosoljobel

Tinkerer

edited September 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    Did you remove XTU Service?

If so just install XTU then try update again then remove XTU (If your using Throttlestop etc).
    I don't have Throttlestop but I do have XTU installed. I'll try reinstalling it later, Thank you.

Worst case, lets see I really can't install PS on a fresh OS. Is there any 3rd-party software you can recommend for me to control my fans?
  • lare13
    lare13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    Try installing the Turbo Boost driver from Avers driver Download page. Ive seen that fix it before.

tried that and still getting the same error
  • Ideally, you should open a new topic @lare13.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)