G3-571 can't install predator sense after coming back from repair and laptop thermal throttling

Options
Waddlesworth
Waddlesworth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
A few months ago, i had my laptop sent for repair since it wasn't booting anymore, and it turns out i had a faulty mainboard and memory. Once i got it back, i couldn't install predator sense and ever since each of my games have been having fps drops from 120 to 20 due to thermal throttling, i've tried undervolting both the cpu and gpu using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and MSI Afterburner but i am still getting the same issues. I can't have the laptop sent for repair as i need it to do my university work with.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Did you try reducing the FPS from 120 to 60?
    Also try using an external usb fan until you are done with your university work to help cool it down a bit.

Also try going to Acer site and installing turbo boost driver first and then predator sense.

And more details would help try resolve issue... like what was the error you faced when installing PS.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Waddlesworth
    Waddlesworth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    sri369 said:
    Also try using an external usb fan until you are done with your university work to help cool it down a bit.

Also try going to Acer site and installing turbo boost driver first and then predator sense.

And more details would help try resolve issue... like what was the error you faced when installing PS.
    reducing the fps still has the same issues, i should probably invest in a fan since that sounds like it should help.

The error i get is "Sorry! This computer is not supported" even with the turbo boost driver installed and one thing to note is that in the acer care centre it says my laptop is listed as "G3-571" instead of "Predator G3-571" which could be a part of the issue
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    sri369 said:

reducing the fps still has the same issues, i should probably invest in a fan since that sounds like it should help.

The error i get is "Sorry! This computer is not supported" even with the turbo boost driver installed and one thing to note is that in the acer care centre it says my laptop is listed as "G3-571" instead of "Predator G3-571" which could be a part of the issue
    Try looking for Registry settings and update it there like in below screenshot, and see if that helps.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045