Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nitro 5 AN515-53 - High Fan Speed and CPU Temp

MrIAmHereMrIAmHere Posts: 3Member New User
Hello all,

I recently got a Nitro 5 and have been testing it out. One thing I have noticed is an EXTREMELY loud fan.Even when idle, the fan is noticeably loud. From the Nitrosense utility I logged a fan speed of 3200 rpm and a temp of ~55C. While gaming this increased to ~5800 rpm and ~95C 50% utilization. The GPU was at a similar speed but only ~70C 100% utilization.

Is it normal for this model of laptop to be this loud? Is there an issue with my laptop's cooling?

Thanks for your help and expertise.

FAQ & Answers

• SharanjiSharanji Posts: 3,881ACE Pathfinder
    MrIAmHere 
    You can check by changing the settings of Acer NitroSense. This software allows you to monitor your CPU and GPU usage, as well as customize your Nitro system for optimal gaming performance. Here are the Customizable options: Overclocking, Modes of fan speed and RPM customization, Power Settings, Activating CoolBoost. For a complete list of instructions on using NitroSense software, please refer the user guide : Download

You can share the screenshot of the temperature. You can monitor your computer’s temperatures to check the overheating issues. You can use tools like HWMonitor if you want to check the temperature of your CPU & graphics cards. Every CPU is different, but generally, if the temperature is getting to 90 degrees Celsius or higher, you’re probably experiencing an abnormal amount of heat.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22Jack22 Posts: 553Ally
    Go to Acer Quick access and turn on the "CoolBoost" feature. This features makes the fan to run fast and give better cooling to the unit to reduce the temperature . If this feature is On and still the fan is very noisy than problem might be with the FAN
  • MrIAmHereMrIAmHere Posts: 3Member New User
    @Jack22: Turning on the CoolBoost quieted it down on idle. But when I apply load to it, it still gets really loud.

@Sharanji: I used the HWMonitor tool as you suggested and found that my 4th core was consistently 20C hotter than the rest! That may be the problem...

• MrIAmHereMrIAmHere Posts: 3Member New User
    Update: The 20C difference is only when under load
  • trunggggtrungggg Posts: 3Member New User
    I'm currently using Nitro 5, and I gotta say that when underload, the CPU temp get extremely hot, everyone advised me to repaste the CPU and GPU with a better Thermal paste since the stock paste is pretty bad I guess.
  • Zezo_NoamanZezo_Noaman Posts: 2Member New User
    trungggg said:
    I'm currently using Nitro 5, and I gotta say that when underload, the CPU temp get extremely hot, everyone advised me to repaste the CPU and GPU with a better Thermal paste since the stock paste is pretty bad I guess. 

is it solved ?