Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-700J - MANUALLY CONTROLL FAN SPEEDS

Hi,

I enabled CoolBoost but, that only helps a little.  I noticed that; every time I do a BIOS update, the fans howl REALLY loud!  Why can't they seem to do that when, my CPU temps reach 95c when playing a video game?  Can Acer PLEASE add support for this model to, Acer PredatorSense?  OR, at least add an option to boost fans to max speed when, running CPU/GPU intensive applications??

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 10,452ACE Trailblazer
    >>>Why can't they seem to do that when, my CPU temps reach 95c when playing a video game? >>>

Because the actual sustained temperature is less than 95°C. Jack E/NJ

• noodlenoodle Posts: 4Member New User
    Yeah, this high temperature frame rate throttling is annoying. I don't care if the fans are loud, I just want them to be on constantly so the computer actually stays cold instead of randomly dropping my frames. Fix this please.
    Try disabling some of the startup apps that you don't often use with MSconfig.exe. Also make sure the laptop is sitting level on a hard surface maybe slightly raised to enhance air flow. Seems like a bit extra cooling is all you need to keep temps below 95*C to avoid throttling. Jack E/NJ
    The fans do a good enough job of keeping it cool, the problem is that when they turn on, they don't STAY on and there's no way for the user to keep them turned on. I don't want to have to buy an external fan when the built in fans can already handle the temperatures, but refuse to because software is the only thing keeping them from staying on. :/
    Just in case you haven't come across this one yet, take a look https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533592/overheating-fan-control-solution-cpu-gpu  Jack E/NJ

I installed that and I don't have any of the dropdown menus the OP has, but that post was also from almost a year ago. Either the older version has more options or acer patched whatever allowed OP's to work.
    Maybe download and try the Nov 17 or earlier argotronic versions to see what happens. Jack E/NJ
    It didn't work. I just ended up buying a cooling pad and I haven't had any throttling issues so far. :/
    Yep, that should work though inconvenient. Jack E/NJ
  • XarvithXarvith Posts: 2Member New User
    Hey, i have the same problem (temperatures reach 95C at play game). It is possible to fix that problem without cooling pad? 
    @Xarvith ; Yes, possible, but probably not with the same game @noodle ; plays. What game are you playing?  Jack E/NJ
  • XarvithXarvith Posts: 2Member New User
    World of tanks, ultra settings ~100-115 fps with 95c
    @Xarvith Why do you need such high FPS!!!??? Cut it back! Jack E/NJ