Predator Helios 300 keeps disconecting from Internet while other devices have internet.

Options

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    This has been happening to me constantly, like 5 times in the last 20 minutes. It didn't use to happen but now it happens constantly. It is making my laptop unusable on wifi. I have tried new drivers, unistalling, changing router channels. Nothing has fixed it. There has to be another issue. 
    Chaging router channels, or adding router channels?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @proton_skeleton
    What is the model of your wifi card and your router? Is it in 2.4 or 5ghz? Have you reset the modem and router?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • proton_skeleton
    proton_skeleton Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Options
    qualcomm atheros qca61x4 card, router is UbeeDDW36C, 2.4ghz, and I have reset it. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you update the qca61x4 card driver? Check that in the device manager, in the advanced options of qca61x4, there is an option called bandwidth (20, 40mhz or auto) and put in car!
    https://www.ath-drivers.eu/qualcomm-atheros-download-drivers-nr-351-with-code-3433.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • proton_skeleton

Tinkerer

Options
    I have updated the driver and i am still seeing the issue. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Right! On the router, in channel width or band width (20, 40mhz or auto) select automatic! Then go to the device manager and put it in the car! Disable wps or qss depending on the template!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TikoMaestro
    TikoMaestro Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok boys and girls, turns out the viruses only made the problem worse but removing it didn' solve it all.
    But i found the real solution so future users can see it.

Device Manager->Network Adaptors->Right Click on your Wifi thingy(mines Intel AC 9560)->Properties->Power Management->Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

There you have it. Why is that even an option or why is it turned on is beyond me.
    Anyway, that was it, hope it helps
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Even though you managed to solve the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• proton_skeleton

Tinkerer

Options
    I have tried all of these things and I still get this issue multiple times per day. This laptop is only a year old at this point and this is getting out of hand. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Dear @proton_skeleton! What is the model of your wifi network card? Are you trying to connect to a 5ghz network?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• proton_skeleton

Tinkerer

Options
    as I stated last time it was asked: qualcomm atheros qca61x4 card

and no, I am only connecting to my 2.4ghz network
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you go to the device manager and uncheck the option that shuts off the device to save power? Try this!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• proton_skeleton

Tinkerer

Options
    Yeah, that is unchecked. 
  • proton_skeleton

Tinkerer

Options
    So if I have done all of the above troubleshooting am I just screwed? I have to diagnose my wifi about 10 times a day just to use my laptop. It constantly loses connection to the DNS server. 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Contact your ISP about adding channels.
    In your router settings reset your gateway.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    What the @ Red-Sand colleague said may be correct too! However you can also check and leave the dns and proxy settings in auto like in the images:

Although the images are in Portuguese, the functions of the buttons are in the same place in all languages!
    If it does not work, I recommend that you try to update your notebook drivers with some program like driverbooster or driverpack, because although the drivers provided by Acer are optimized for your model, these drivers are not updated frequently and a driver is more updated can work better with version 1803 of windows 10!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Albynaizer
    Albynaizer Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I can confirm this is still happening in 2019 with BIOS v1.22 and Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter driver version 12.0.0.722 released 8/22/2018.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked that the wireless network card is correctly installed on the motherboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I can confirm this is still happening in 2019 with BIOS v1.22 and Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter driver version 12.0.0.722 released 8/22/2018.
    Never had issues with mine and its the same adapter (on all my fritzboxes either 2.4 or 5ghz) its really weird have you tried to connect to 2.4ghz only instead of 5ghz some routers have issues with mimo laptop adapters when they have many devices connected at the same time they kick out the most powerful connected 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In addition to what the friend said xapim, have you tried to leave the bandwidth on automatic and the channel at 36, in the 5ghz band?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer