Predator Helios 300 keeps disconecting from Internet while other devices have internet.

TikoMaestro
TikoMaestro Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
Just bought a Helios 300 a couple days ago, everything perfect but one thing. Internet keeps disconecting randomly.
Other devices like my phone or other Laptops still have Internet but not my Helios.
Not using any VPN or so before you ask. Anyone can help me out plz?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi, Try to reinstall the wifi drivers. follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows key  + X and select device manager.

2. Expand network adapter.

3. Right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and check the functionality."

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Did it, didn't work.

Another info i just got reminded of,
    Every time i do ''Troubleshoot problem'' it says a different thing but every time it says problem couldn't be solved, but actually i get internet back for a couple mins. weird.
    Also, It never says i ever lost internet acces. Like the icon bottom right always shows as if i have internet acces even tho i really don't
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    Try to go to run command  (win +R) and type ncpa.cpl. 

Image result for ncpacpl

Right click on the wifi and check the status of the ipv4. 

Related image
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes a router has a predetermined number of "channels" alotted to it for electronics to connect to.
    If you try to connect a device exceeding the number of channels (due to other devices being connected) you will be removed from the internet intermittently or when one of those other devices reconnect.

If the above options dont work Id suggest contacting your ISP to increase the number of channels your router has.
    - Hotel Hero
  • TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    Hi,
    Try to go to run command  (win +R) and type ncpa.cpl. 

Image result for ncpacpl

Right click on the wifi and check the status of the ipv4. 

Related image
    It always says "Internet" even when nothing is working. as for speed, it's always on 144.4 except once i saw it drop to 130 something.
  • TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

This is getting impossible...
    I do Troubleshoot, i have internet for like 10 secs than its over. At nighttime its running without problem tho
    Guess ill have to call my provider to see whats going on ugh.
  • Red-Sand
    Try the method I mentioned above.

Makes sense that more devices are disconnected at night.
    - Hotel Hero
  • What is your connection type? 2.4 or 5 ghz? If it is 5ghz, select channel 36 on the router and leave bandwidth in automatic!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    You can also type this into your address bar (browser)

And hit enter

It should route you to your routers login page whose default password is usually admin/admin

You can then adjust your router settings yourself
    - Hotel Hero
  • TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    Try the method I mentioned above.

Makes sense that more devices are disconnected at night.
    yea that might be the case actually.
    As for logging into my router page, thats all good and all but i don't know what im supposed to play around with. Not really an expert on that matter and on top of it its in french so idk if screenshotting it will help much.

and its probably a 2,4ghz altho im not sure how im supposed to tell. living in france
  • TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

Update, problem came back at 1am and further. Such a weiird problem to have. Should i just sent the Laptop back?
  • Red-Sand
    Update, problem came back at 1am and further. Such a weiird problem to have. Should i just sent the Laptop back?
    Have you reinstalled the wireless driver?
    If yes, then yes send for repair.
    Although I find it odd that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.
    - Hotel Hero
  • What is the model of your wifi network card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    Have you reinstalled the wireless driver?
    If yes, then yes send for repair.
    Although I find it odd that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.
    yes, as in i uninstalled it and let it reinstall on its own.

It's a Intel AC 9560

11AM its working fine all of a sudden. Yesterday when it didn't work fine i just decided to share internet from my Phone and it worked fine. Doesn't that mean that problem doesn't come from the Laptop? At the same time all other devices have no problem whatsoever...
  • Red-Sand
    I genuinely recommend contacting your ISP and increasing your channels on your router.. I have to do it with every router Ive ever owned due to high number of devices connected.
    - Hotel Hero
  • What is the model of the internet modem? Do you have how to connect a router to the modem to verify that this is a configuration problem on the modem? As said the @Red-Sand!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

So, i'm not 100% sure yet but i believe the problem was a virus coming from PopcornTime. Hopefully that was the case, let's see.
  • Use the unhackme antivirus to see if it removes the virus!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TikoMaestro

Tinkerer

Use the unhackme antivirus to see if it removes the virus!
    adw cleaner cleaned it already, but i downloaded unhackme just to be sure and there wanst a thing left for it to clean. thanks tho
    so ***** releqved now...
  • proton_skeleton
    proton_skeleton Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    This has been happening to me constantly, like 5 times in the last 20 minutes. It didn't use to happen but now it happens constantly. It is making my laptop unusable on wifi. I have tried new drivers, unistalling, changing router channels. Nothing has fixed it. There has to be another issue.