Predator Helios 500 random Freezing

Answers

• Kozidis
    Kozidis Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Same problem here it freezes and shut it down from power.I have Bios 1.16 windows 1803 Nvidia Drivers 417,01 i have update everything from drivers.
    Ιt happens when i have the predator sense ON i have kill it from windows services and running to default undervolt - 0.125 i have test on Assasins Creed Odyssey on MAX Settings i can play with out any problem so far but when i open sense and test assasins creed again it happens in about an half or more hour 
    I have never test predator sense on + Killer network off to see if it happens , i got PH517-51 
  • Arhol
    Arhol Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Update - 2 days after i got pc back from service for 2nd time (coz only thing which they did was windows reinstall) it started freezing again - i waited 30 mins with pc in this state,but nothing happened,cant register error in any way.
    i downloaded newest nvdia drivers,bios is 1,16,windows is at 1809 or whatever is newest version i got freezes again,also got issue where predator sense literally devoured all possible ram,will test it with uninstalled predator sense and killernetwork drivers (or how its called) this weekend and ill try reclamation at shop where i bought helios 500 - since i dunno, it just sounds ridiculous with repair report - "with 24h tests we were not able to recreate error" (even if i put report from 1st repair where i mentioned a error is random and sometimes appear only after few days),so maybe seller will be able to find something or force acer to proper tests.
    If that will not work only option is outside repair service.

Still im pretty disappointed with entire pc and overall situation,certainly my first and last experience with acer products.

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,643 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    @Arhol
    You do not need Predator Sense, there are better programs out there. Follow links in my signature to under volt CPU and GPU and to overclock GPU the way PS works, but on a light weight mode.
    Also, when windows turns on, go to power settings and disable 'fast startup' option; this really screws up windows since it never allows for a clean shut down.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Please refer to this post and check the "Bugs" section on how to correct the RAM filling up over time.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/551115/review-of-the-helios-500/p1

@Arhol @Kozidis
    - Hotel Hero
  • Kozidis
    Arhol said:
    Update - 2 days after i got pc back from service for 2nd time (coz only thing which they did was windows reinstall) it started freezing again - i waited 30 mins with pc in this state,but nothing happened,cant register error in any way.
    i downloaded newest nvdia drivers,bios is 1,16,windows is at 1809 or whatever is newest version i got freezes again,also got issue where predator sense literally devoured all possible ram,will test it with uninstalled predator sense and killernetwork drivers (or how its called) this weekend and ill try reclamation at shop where i bought helios 500 - since i dunno, it just sounds ridiculous with repair report - "with 24h tests we were not able to recreate error" (even if i put report from 1st repair where i mentioned a error is random and sometimes appear only after few days),so maybe seller will be able to find something or force acer to proper tests.
    If that will not work only option is outside repair service.

Still im pretty disappointed with entire pc and overall situation,certainly my first and last experience with acer products.

Hey my friend just kill predator sense from windows services and check if freezes it works for me but still looking for a solution with predator sense ON 
  • Kozidis
    Red-Sand said:
    Please refer to this post and check the "Bugs" section on how to correct the RAM filling up over time.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/551115/review-of-the-helios-500/p1

@Arhol @Kozidis
    thanks for the help but i have already do the thing with Killer network service Memory Leak
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Might want to try modifying the XTU profiles located in C:/Program Data/OEM/Predator Sense and make sure they are not undervolting.. if they are then set the offsets back to 0 and test
    - Hotel Hero
  • brwster455
    brwster455 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I disabled the service SuperFetch, (Sysmain is what MS calls it now),  in Window Services. It helped a lot. Hardly ever lag spikes now. I'm gaming on wifi so that might be part of it also.
  • Djigibimer328
    Djigibimer328 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Kozidis said:
    Hello i have exact the same issue my new Helios 500 freezes in very first day 3,4  times happens.Any help? 

• Djigibimer328
    Djigibimer328 Member Posts: 2 New User
    uninstall the predatorsense application and install it again with me helped and the freezes stopped
  • Kozidis
    uninstall the predatorsense application and install it again with me helped and the freezes stopped
    Thank you for your anwer i have download and installed the predator sense from acer i got not lock freeze but i got freeze shut down because testing undervolt.I start from -125 and goin down like -120 -115 etc all tests was a fail shut down now testing on -85.
    Im testing 10 days then i send it back to ACER to see what the problem is 

• Kozidis
    hello again so this is what i get again and again even with 0 undervolt 

- <System>
      <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
      <EventID>41</EventID>
      <Version>6</Version>
      <Level>1</Level>
      <Task>63</Task>
      <Opcode>0</Opcode>
      <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-02-18T22:09:43.150377900Z" />
      <EventRecordID>26595</EventRecordID>
      <Correlation />
      <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
      <Channel>System</Channel>
      <Computer>LAPTOP-U8EHSF6J</Computer>
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
      <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
      <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
      <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
      <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
      <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
      <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>
  • PiterVoznjak
    PiterVoznjak Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have similar issue. Did anyone solved this problem with random shutdowns?
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hmm seems like a HDD issue or processor issue. Can you send the logs about them?
  • JohnCena
    Can you reinstall your current BIOS? Download newest BIOS and install it.
  • JohnCena
    It was happening on my VX5-591G too but I fixed it I don't know how. Did you make a fresh install of w10? Also close all assistant apps like predator sense or game optimizer apps.
  • PiterVoznjak

Tinkerer

Using XTU i overwrited PS profiles with this settings: CPU undervolting offset to 0.0mV and power limit PL1 to 70W, PL2 to 90W. Freeze and crashes reduced to 1 per day. I noticed freeze and shutdown accure while gaming, so maybe i should change GPU power limits as well?
  • PiterVoznjak

Tinkerer

Did anyone fixed this issue with random freeze and crash?
  • BlueDream73
    BlueDream73 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    @Arhol
    You do not need Predator Sense, there are better programs out there. Follow links in my signature to under volt CPU and GPU and to overclock GPU the way PS works, but on a light weight mode.
    Also, when windows turns on, go to power settings and disable 'fast startup' option; this really screws up windows since it never allows for a clean shut down.
    Hi. I disabled 'fast startup' option since my lab also suffer the "freezing randomly", (mine is: Predator GX-792), does this work really?
  • PiterVoznjak

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Problem fixed by replacing motherboard