Does anyone having display issues with a chromebook cb515-1ht?

Options
2»

Answers

• ChromieBob
    ChromieBob Member Posts: 21 Networker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Excellent, like I had to do a few times back when I used Macs.  I wondered if there was something similar for Chromebooks.  I'll see if it makes any difference.
  • Sp1818
    Sp1818 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Update.  I've had a SEVERE glitch on my machine!

As I took photos, the left side of the screen faded, the right side got stronger, notice the CORNERS turning black!

I turned the computer off for 10 minutes, when I switched it back on, to my horror, the lines had left ghosting on the LCD!!!

It took another HOUR for the lines to start to fade.

I decided to switch the the Beta Channel.  I cannot state the problem is solved. 
    I've had a few screen 'flutters', not as bad as above, just momentary flickers that last under a second.

I've been in beta mode for a couple of days and haven't had problems so far. One thing that I noticed with this new laptop is that it doesn't glitch constantly like the last one. Hope you guys can find a definite solution. 
  • ChromieBob
    Options
    Chrome OS 69 is now stable, so should appear on the stable channel for everyone in the next few days. So if Chrome OS 69 in the Beta channel was helping, the new Stable build should work too.
    https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2018/09/stable-channel-update-for-chrome-os.html
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    has anyone tested if this issue being fixed in OS ver 69.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • ChromieBob
    Options
    Yes, sort of. 
    On Beta 69, I got the occasional momentary flicker, a fraction of a second - barely noticeable, no pattern to the behaviour. MicroSD card seemed unavailable in Files after sleep sometimes.*
    Nothing so far on Beta 70, but there are other issues, unrelated.  MicroSD seems more stable though in Files.
    Stable 69 only appeared for Bruce/Coral hardware last night apparently, I've not switched back to Stable yet.

*I think it could be related, since the MicroSD will use the USB subsystem and the hardware has USB-C which carries video.