Answers

• Wesker465
    Wesker465 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yes it was deep cleaned :)  
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options
    Then re-paste and try a new fan. You should be hearing a distinct fan whine at those high temps. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wesker465
    Options
    JackE said:
    Then re-paste and try a new fan. You should be hearing a distinct fan whine at those high temps. Jack E/NJ

Well according to the table above my fan isnt going above 3000 rpm.... What could be the reason ???? I got newest bios version..Before flashing it was the same ( never went above 3000 ) o.O
  • JackE
    Options
    @Wesker465 >>>wasnt used like 2 years>>>Problem is that laptop reaches 95+ degrees>>>also updated bios to newest version but that didnt help either>>> ( never went above 3000 ) >>>

My best, easiest/cheapest-to-test guess is that the fan's rotor bearings degraded from their 2-yr slumber. These bearings are probably the only moving parts that are prone to this kind of degradation since they're not hermetically sealed. I'd further guess that at the lower temp threshholds, fan speed probably won't reach 2000rpm. So try replacing the fan and re-pasting while you're at it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wesker465
    Options
    JackE said:
    @Wesker465 >>>wasnt used like 2 years>>>Problem is that laptop reaches 95+ degrees>>>also updated bios to newest version but that didnt help either>>> ( never went above 3000 ) >>>

My best, easiest/cheapest-to-test guess is that the fan's rotor bearings degraded from their 2-yr slumber. These bearings are probably the only moving parts that are prone to this kind of degradation since they're not hermetically sealed. I'd further guess that at the lower temp threshholds, fan speed probably won't reach 2000rpm. So try replacing the fan and re-pasting while you're at it. Jack E/NJ
    Hey. I've decided to make 2 holes underneath laptop and add 2 60x60mm fans powered from usb. In addition I made bigger hole for internal fan air intake. The results are impressive -> 30 degrees lower temperatures. However things arent as colorful as it seems... Ive noticed that overheating is coming from gpu itself.  During WoT gaming cpu is reaching max 70 degrees celsius but gpu slowly is getting hotter up to 87 degrees. :/  Im guessing something is wrong with gpu... It has standard clokcks for a gt540m. Could the gpu be dying ??
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> clokcks>>>

clocks? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wesker465
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> clokcks>>>

clocks? Jack E/NJ
    Yes clocks ( core, memory, shaders ).
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Could the gpu be dying ?? >>>

I don't think so. It's a mainboard chip. Should be fine up to about 95°C . What temp monitor are you using? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wesker465
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Could the gpu be dying ?? >>>

I don't think so. It's a mainboard chip. Should be fine up to about 95°C . What temp monitor are you using? Jack E/NJ
    Msi afterburner and HWmonitor.