Computer will not start

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, you might be able to get directly from Acer by going through support. You can also see that each of those supplies have common characteristics. 19V, 65W or 90W, 1.7mm center hole, 5.5mm barrel width, 11mm barrel length. From that you should be able to find a replacement without getting the exact model that Acer shipped. Many laptop supplies will match.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jokke01
    Jokke01 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, you might be able to get directly from Acer by going through support. You can also see that each of those supplies have common characteristics. 19V, 65W or 90W, 1.7mm center hole, 5.5mm barrel width, 11mm barrel length. From that you should be able to find a replacement without getting the exact model that Acer shipped. Many laptop supplies will match.
    Hi again. I bought a new power supply, but I still do not get started 😩
  • billsey
    Options
    Unfortunately that likely means the motherboard itself has gone bad. :( I can't think of what else to try, you have pretty much isolated the problem to there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jokke01

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Unfortunately that likely means the motherboard itself has gone bad. :( I can't think of what else to try, you have pretty much isolated the problem to there.
    Is there any new, replacement product available?
  • billsey
    Options
    There is, though buying the original from Acer is likely to be in the same price range as an upgrade to a newer/better one. Try Amazon and eBay first for a replacement, if you can't find something there I'll see if I can lookup the Acer part number.

• Jokke01

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    There is, though buying the original from Acer is likely to be in the same price range as an upgrade to a newer/better one. Try Amazon and eBay first for a replacement, if you can't find something there I'll see if I can lookup the Acer part number.

I found this Ebay: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspire-XC-704-Untested-Motherboard-Intel-N3050-DB-SZL11-003-348-02207-0011-/173044820749?_mwBanner = 1 & _rdt = 1.

But what if that did not work then? 🤔
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, I'd stay away from that one. 'Untested', 'assumed to be non working', etc. just aren't the words you are looking for. :)
  • Jokke01

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, I'd stay away from that one. 'Untested', 'assumed to be non working', etc. just aren't the words you are looking for. :)
    Now I looked fast, so I did not find a replacement part anywhere. Can not that machine then do anything?
  • billsey
    Options
    Here are the part numbers for the two motherboards used in the XC-704 models:
    <div><div>MB BRIAN ICDN3050 WCDC AXC-704&nbsp; DB.SZL11.003</div><div>MB BRIAN ICDN3050 WCDC 6KV AXC-704&nbsp; DB.SZL11.004</div></div>
    It looks at first glance the change between them doesn't make any real difference, it's likely just a manufacturing change to decrease costs. You can also look for motherboards that meet the same spec, ie. use the same processors and memory. As long as they're in the same form factor you should be OK.
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Similar issue.  Its been steady getting harder to turn on over last 6 months.  Finally would not turn on at all. only way I found was remove power lead hold down power button 10sec or longer. then plug power button back in whilst holding it in. then it powers up.
    Took it to local PC place they said it was the power supply and changed it. clearly was not as has same issue. although a few times it will power on if I am persistent. I am suspecting it to be just the push button?