VX5-591G, compatible nvme SSD drive

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It seems to me that there is really some compatibility problem on that disk, since looking in google, many people are complaining that the plextor nvme disk does not work in gpt mode! However most should have formatted in ntfs! If you want, you can even try formatting ssd in fat32 and leaving it in gpt format to see if it is correctly identified!
    However, if I buy another ssd, I would opt for samsung!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pychmen
    pychmen Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    It seems to me that there is really some compatibility problem on that disk, since looking in google, many people are complaining that the plextor nvme disk does not work in gpt mode! However most should have formatted in ntfs! If you want, you can even try formatting ssd in fat32 and leaving it in gpt format to see if it is correctly identified!
    So i did. I've ordered EVO 970 250GB. Hope it will work fine. Hope it will work at all.
  • Andreycko
    Andreycko Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    pychmen said:
    So i did. I've ordered EVO 970 250GB. Hope it will work fine. Hope it will work at all.
    Hi, I want to install a SSD drive in this notebook.

pychmen, Samsung 970 Evo series 250GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 V-NAND TLC (MZ-V7E250BW) Works on a laptop?

Is this laptop compatible with Kingston SSD A1000 480GB NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 3D NAND TLC (SA1000M8/480G) ?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, both work, because both sata mode III and pcie mode nvme (gen3x4), support ssd m2 2280 up to 512gb!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Andreycko

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, both work, because both sata mode III and pcie mode nvme (gen3x4), support ssd m2 2280 up to 512gb!
    And nothing that they have different keys? And Kingston connection interface PCI Express 3.0 x2 and for Samsung 970 PCI Express 3.0 x4 ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This model has a controller that supports both ssd m2 2280 sata III and pcie nvme (gen3x4)! It accepts gen3x2, however, a ssd gen3x4 has bandwidth greater than gen3x2! I would buy a gen3x4 in case you use the notebook to save very large files!
    According to this picture, he has B and M keys! But it supports both ssd's!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Andreycko

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the consultation!
  • pychmen
    Options
    Andreycko said:
    Hi, I want to install a SSD drive in this notebook.

pychmen, Samsung 970 Evo series 250GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 V-NAND TLC (MZ-V7E250BW) Works on a laptop?

Is this laptop compatible with Kingston SSD A1000 480GB NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 3D NAND TLC (SA1000M8/480G) ?

I will tell you at friday or saturday evening. Right now i am waiting for a package.
  • pychmen
    Options
    I expect that it will work, but that Plextor case makes me bit nervous.
  • pychmen
    Options
    Andreycko, Samsung EVO 970 is working fine.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Still good!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Andreycko

Tinkerer

Options

Today, I installed the Kingston SSD A1000 480GB NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 3D NAND TLC on the VX5-591G notebook, Windows 10 installed on a new one in 8 minutes, the speed is excellent. Thank you very much for the technical support.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ssd really makes the notebook much faster!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Andreycko

Tinkerer

Options
    Ssd really makes the notebook much faster!

Do I need to make any additional system settings for a good Windows operation on the SSD drive? Maybe there are some recommendations ..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes! There are some settings that optimize ssd and improve its lifespan!
    Verify that trim is enabled in powershell as an administrator by typing the following command fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
    If the value is = 0, it means that it is enabled! If the value is = 1, then you must enable trim with the following command fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Crimsonw10
    Crimsonw10 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It is compatible with these specifications:
    Where can I download this ebook?
    I am planning on upgrading ram in my vx5 591g 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    It is compatible with these specifications:
    Where can I download this ebook?
    I am planning on upgrading ram in my vx5 591g 
    This file is not available to users. Check this information:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Arman_001
    Arman_001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, 

Does this appply also for vx5-591g-78rx ?? I can see on its specs that has SSD is Serial ATA/600 
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/VX5-591G/NH.GM2AL.001.html

Thanks 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Arman_001 said:
    Hi, 

Does this appply also for vx5-591g-78rx ?? I can see on its specs that has SSD is Serial ATA/600 
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/VX5-591G/NH.GM2AL.001.html

Thanks 
    Yes, all vx5-591g models accept ssd m2 2280 sata 3 and nvme.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer