VX5-591G, compatible nvme SSD drive

Options
pychmen
pychmen Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
Hi!

I want to ask if someone can confirm that one of these SSD drives is fully compatible with Acer VX5-591G:

1) Adata SX8200 480GB
2) Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

I can also confirm that Plextor PX-256M8PEGN don't want to work with this laptop.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is compatible with these specifications:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About the Plextor PX-256M8PEGN, is it recognized in bios? Is it formatted in gpt?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pychmen
    Options
    About the Plextor PX-256M8PEGN, is it recognized in bios? Is it formatted in gpt?
    Bios recognizes it as: "Identify data not found", formatted in gpt. I've spent too much time for this Plextor SSD trying to make it works. Finally, i give up.

I know what specification it should be, but i wanted to know opinion from people who are actually using those 2 ssd drives.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the boot section does "Identify data not found" appear or does the ssd name appear? Where exactly does Identify data not found appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Look, man! I think the problem is not in ssd or hd! I saw your other post and you said that when you put in legacy mode the ssd would appear but the hd disappeared! This happened because ssd was in mbr mode while hd was in gpt mode! If you choose to use uefi mode, both both ssd and hd must be converted to gpt format! Only then will they be recognized in the uefi mode! Use a pendrive with the installation of windows 10 and inside the installation press shift + f10 and enter these commands giving enter in each one: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = ntfs quick, assign! Restart and see if it is detected correctly in bios! Then do a normal installation by the pendrive!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    To install windows 10, do this:
    1) Download windows 10 from this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10! You must select the x64 option (only that works in uefi mode) and then select download in iso format!
    2) enter in the cmd as admin and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!
    3) Extract the iso x64 and paste the files on the pendrive!
    4) Inside the windows 10 installation! Press shift + f10 and type notepad.exe and save your files to another USB stick if you need to back up!
    5) Then enter the BIOS, disable the secureboot by creating a password in the setsupervisorpassword, select mode uefi and select the pendrive first at boot!
    6) Inside the windows 10 installation, we need to convert hd or ssd to gpt to run in uefi mode! To do this press shift + f10 and type diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = ntfs quick, assign! Restart and see if it is detected correctly in bios! Then do a normal installation by the pendrive!
    7) to activate, just put the same email and password at the end of the process you used to activate the notebook first!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    edited November 2021
    Options

Thakns for help, but i have a contact with other person, with the same laptop and disk. He also has this problem. egydiocoelho said:

​​​//Edited the content to hide serial number.

In the boot section does "Identify data not found" appear or does the ssd name appear? Where exactly does Identify data not found appear?
  • pychmen
    Options
    Look, man! I think the problem is not in ssd or hd! I saw your other post and you said that when you put in legacy mode the ssd would appear but the hd disappeared! This happened because ssd was in mbr mode while hd was in gpt mode! If you choose to use uefi mode, both both ssd and hd must be converted to gpt format! Only then will they be recognized in the uefi mode! Use a pendrive with the installation of windows 10 and inside the installation press shift + f10 and enter these commands giving enter in each one: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = ntfs quick, assign! Restart and see if it is detected correctly in bios! Then do a normal installation by the pendrive!
    It was in gpt. SSD and HDD, both. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try to check if removing the hd and leaving only the ssd, if it is correctly identified in the bios! Did you try upgrading the ssd firmware to see if the problem is fixed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    Options
    Try to check if removing the hd and leaving only the ssd, if it is correctly identified in the bios! Did you try upgrading the ssd firmware to see if the problem is fixed?
    Did that. Nothing changed.

SSD firmware was actual.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you type in cmd as administrator (diskpart, list disk) is ssd identified as online? Have you tried removing the ssd from the motherboard and connecting it again? In legacy mode, is it recognized correctly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    Options
    When you type in cmd as administrator (diskpart, list disk) is ssd identified as online? Have you tried removing the ssd from the motherboard and connecting it again? In legacy mode, is it recognized correctly?
    Yes, yes and yes.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What version of firmware is installed? There is a version 1.06 at this link http://www.goplextor.com/en/Support/Downloads! Did you ever update it?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    Options
    What version of firmware is installed? 

I've checked Plextor site. When i bought it, it already had 1.06 firmware.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does your bios allow you to change the option sata from ahci to ide or vice versa?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    Options
    Does your bios allow you to change the option sata from ahci to ide or vice versa?
    No. Only AHCI mode.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Even if it is not being detected correctly in uefi mode, can you install windows normally? Is windows installed on hd identifying ssd in device manager? Did you put password in ssd in bios or in secureboot? Did you find that turning off the secureboot remains the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    Options
    Even if it is not being detected correctly in uefi mode, can you install windows normally? 
    No, i can't.
    Is windows installed on hd identifying ssd in device manager?

Device mager is showing this disk, but disc management not.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Did you put password in ssd in bios or in setsupervisorpassword? Did you find that turning off the secureboot remains the problem?
    Nvme discs do not accept password on disk! That's why I'm asking! Can you tap a photo of the disk manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pychmen
    Options
    Did you put password in ssd in bios or in secureboot? Did you find that turning off the secureboot remains the problem?
    Nvme discs accept password on disk! That's why I'm asking! Can you tap a photo of the disk manager?

At this moment disk is unplugged, and at monday i am giving it back to seller, which is giving it back further to producer or distributor, so i can't take a photo of disk manager.

Secure boot disabled or enabled, does not make a difference.
    With or without password - nothing changes.