Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SF314-42/SF314-52G stopped responding on any buttons, see only black screen

Bought SF314-42/SF314-52G recently, a week ago. It worked fine till today. I've turned it on, left if for about 10 minutes. When I returned the screen was black, thought it just went sleep mode. But I couldn't wake it up, not could I reboot it. It just has black screen and blinking orange light of "bulb" indicator. What should I do? Is this the same problem: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/470202/swift-3-wont-turn-on ?

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 6,202ACE Pathfinder
    Try to reset the battery: unplug the notebook from the power and turn it on! Find a hole with a battery symbol and press for five seconds and then leave it off for five minutes! If it does, update the bios to the latest version because, although it is a dangerous procedure, there is a fix for this problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • Ov3r1oadOv3r1oad Posts: 8Member New User
    Okay, I could launch it without bothering the battery (apparently it just drained the battery). But I have my laptop with Linux, can I even update BIOS on Linux?
    edited August 6
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Because I can not find sf314-42!
    Make sure you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, picture appears!
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
    It's SF314-52G-844Y. Sorry for not being clear. I've just wrote down what was on my manual.
    Does the image appear on a secondary monitor?
    I have a picture on the primary monitor  :) As I said earlier, my laptop works fine now, but still I need to update BIOS, right? Though my BIOS version seems up-to-date: 1.08.
    No need since your notebook is already with the latest version! Do not tamper with what is already working properly!
    Is the battery charging properly?
    Hm... It's hard to say. It seems charging. Though I've installed Debian instead of Endless OS. Maybe that what caused the problem.
    So, could anyone help me? I've installed Ubuntu 18.04 x64, but the problem stays. It is not often, especially if you work with it without pauses, but it really pisses off.
  • This can be a driver problem! Have you tried updating them?
    This can be a driver problem! Have you tried updating them?
    which one? All of them?
  • Researching about the model on the Acer website, I checked that it come with windows 10 installed! Did the problem only arise after installing linux? Can you knock from linux device manager? As I told you before, it is very likely that the drivers need to be updated!