SF314-42/SF314-52G stopped responding on any buttons, see only black screen

Ov3r1oad
Ov3r1oad Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Bought SF314-42/SF314-52G recently, a week ago. It worked fine till today. I've turned it on, left if for about 10 minutes. When I returned the screen was black, thought it just went sleep mode. But I couldn't wake it up, not could I reboot it. It just has black screen and blinking orange light of "bulb" indicator. What should I do? Is this the same problem: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/470202/swift-3-wont-turn-on ?

Answers

• Try to reset the battery: unplug the notebook from the power and turn it on! Find a hole with a battery symbol and press for five seconds and then leave it off for five minutes! If it does, update the bios to the latest version because, although it is a dangerous procedure, there is a fix for this problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ov3r1oad
    Okay, I could launch it without bothering the battery (apparently it just drained the battery). But I have my laptop with Linux, can I even update BIOS on Linux?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Because I can not find sf314-42!
    Make sure you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, picture appears!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ov3r1oad
    It's SF314-52G-844Y. Sorry for not being clear. I've just wrote down what was on my manual.
  • Does the image appear on a secondary monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ov3r1oad
    I have a picture on the primary monitor  :) As I said earlier, my laptop works fine now, but still I need to update BIOS, right? Though my BIOS version seems up-to-date: 1.08.
  • No need since your notebook is already with the latest version! Do not tamper with what is already working properly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Is the battery charging properly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ov3r1oad
    Hm... It's hard to say. It seems charging. Though I've installed Debian instead of Endless OS. Maybe that what caused the problem.
  • Ov3r1oad
    So, could anyone help me? I've installed Ubuntu 18.04 x64, but the problem stays. It is not often, especially if you work with it without pauses, but it really pisses off.
  • This can be a driver problem! Have you tried updating them?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ov3r1oad
    This can be a driver problem! Have you tried updating them?
    which one? All of them?
  • Researching about the model on the Acer website, I checked that it come with windows 10 installed! Did the problem only arise after installing linux? Can you knock from linux device manager? As I told you before, it is very likely that the drivers need to be updated!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thom234
    Thom234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the exact same issue on my recently bought SF315-52G-531A. Is there any reliable fix for this? 
  • @Thom234 Have you checked that updating bios solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer