Release date for Predator Helios 500 with Ryzen?

Options

Answers

• tejas
    tejas Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    Oh god why people are so excited about that laptop I am waiting to buy it 
  • BrightSmith
    BrightSmith Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @skull77 did you have the opportunity to play around some more with benchmarks, temperature, undervolting, TDP tweaking? Thanks
  • skull77
    skull77 Member Posts: 38 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Sure, but I can't say exactly when.  My son still demands a lot of time. ;-)

• tejas
    Options
    Just saw the AMD variant listed on Amazon USA and it's temporarily out of stock but saw a peespe has oreorde it anyway so that when it's on stock he gets one, please let us know some gaming benchmarks and why is the version onloon having 16 GB ram first it had 32gb right?
  • skull77
    edited September 2018
    Options
    tejas said:
    Just saw the AMD variant listed on Amazon USA and it's temporarily out of stock but saw a peespe has oreorde it anyway so that when it's on stock he gets one, please let us know some gaming benchmarks and why is the version onloon having 16 GB ram first it had 32gb right?
    I don't know why they changed it, but mine is also different (germany). I have 512 SSD + 1 TB HDD for 1999 EUR.
    Here are some pics from predator sense during a short Tomb Raider session with ultra settings. I played 8 minutes. Fan on Auto. No undervolting or something like that. Framerate was never under 60 FPS. Average something around 75 FPS I think.

• skull77
    Options
    And here some pics after one hour and 10 minutes LOL. All settings on max.

• tejas
    Options
    Oh my god is it really running that cool is this a dream
  • tejas
    Options
    These are the best cooled laptops in the World
  • tejas
    Options
    Hey how is the amd laptop performing in the last few days
  • skull77
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn't have time to play. Maybe on the weekend.

• skull77
    Options
    I played Tomb Raider a bit longer now. 50 minutes with fan on auto and 30 minutes on max. The temperature of the CPU at auto never went above 78 centigrade. At max it went down to well below 60. The GPU stayed at auto always around 70 and at max down to about 51 centigrade. All in all I am very satisfied.

• starkid84
    starkid84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Anybody have any world on an updated release date?  I've been searching all over the net and can't find any new updates on a release date.
  • tejas
    Options
    starkid84 said:
    Anybody have any world on an updated release date?  I've been searching all over the net and can't find any new updates on a release date

Well it has launched already.. it's not in stock I have found the stock available in Hungary on Acer's Hungary online Store uou can buy it there. 
  • tejas
    Options
    skull77 said:
    I played Tomb Raider a bit longer now. 50 minutes with fan on auto and 30 minutes on max. The temperature of the CPU at auto never went above 78 centigrade. At max it went down to well below 60. The GPU stayed at auto always around 70 and at max down to about 51 centigrade. All in all I am very satisfied.

That's just incredible!! Can you please tell me is the CPU and GPU both overclockable because rhxeb 2700 is unlocked and I hope we can overclock the 
    RX vega 56 please let me know
  • skull77
    Options
    I've had little experience with that. For the CPU I can say that I can overclock. I didn't find the setting for the GPU. Examplre for the CPU:

• tejas
    Options
    skull77 said:
    I've had little experience with that. For the CPU I can say that I can overclock. I didn't find the setting for the GPU. Examplre for the CPU:

can you please overclock at your best then test cinebench and upload the scores i saw a girl get 1800+ in multicore after overclocking  
  • BrightSmith
    BrightSmith Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thanks @skull77 for the charts. Do you know how much the CPU and GPU frequencies differ from their desktop counterparts? How much did Acer lower the frequencies with a TDP limit? And is it possible to change TDP?
  • skull77
    Options
    Ok, now I played a bit with ryzen Master and changed CPU Voltage (undervolting) and each core speed (overclocking). Both at the same time three times.
    The first one with voltage 0.975 and core speed with 3.300 Mhz. That worked well. The second try was with 0.95 and 3.500. At that setting the system crashed. Third try was at 0.9625 and 3.425 Mhz. That worked well again but a little worse than the first try.  I can't find a way to chagne the TDP. Here are the results:

• skull77
    Options
    For fun again in gamemode with only 4 cores, 1 V and 3.500 Mhz.

• skull77
    Options
    A Video with overclocking (1.25 and 3.800 Mhz): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuKPxaTd_0M&t=306s