Strange repeated screen (left hand side) - XB271HU

Options
2»

Answers

• Cerilia
    Cerilia Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Done, the first time I got the error, guess what, the same firmware as 2016 models, and mine is a 2018 model...says everything really.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I've seen on an asus website (Asus model PG279Q) which uses the same, they have a firmware update for incompatibility with the nvidia drivers! However, this you already know!
    Now, you could download the latest nvidia driver by uninstalling and deleting the previous driver in the device manager!
    It is very likely that you have updated the video driver, but it does not cost to check if there is any more recent in this link, if your video card is a 1050ti
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Cerilia
    Options
    Thanks but I have the latest gtx 1080 drivers.... done everything this end including a factory reset. No joy, however its now liveable... Acer should however address this before their reputation is forever tarnished. 
  • Alex_F1304
    Alex_F1304 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Cerilia said:
    Thanks but I have the latest gtx 1080 drivers.... done everything this end including a factory reset. No joy, however its now liveable... Acer should however address this before their reputation is forever tarnished. 
    Are you using 144Hz? or 165Hz? I had the same issue and I've returned the monitor back to the store. To be honest, I'm a little bit regret, because going back to FullHD 60Hz wasn't easy. Unfortunately, there are no analogues in the market of G-Sync monitors and we are forced to use monitors of poor quality :-(
  • Cerilia
    Options
    Im using 144hz... the thing is I'm like you, I have a very good Ultrasharp Dell monitor @60hz but its so obvious the difference between 144hz Gsync and non Gysnc @60hz. I'd rather keep the faulty Acer over the Dell!
  • Alex_F1304

Tinkerer

Options
    Cerilia said:
    Im using 144hz... the thing is I'm like you, I have a very good Ultrasharp Dell monitor @60hz but its so obvious the difference between 144hz Gsync and non Gysnc @60hz. I'd rather keep the faulty Acer over the Dell!
    I heard that there is no problem if you activate 165Hz and yeah I didn't notice this issue at 165Hz (at least for one week). I decided to return the monitor back to the store, because I think that this is unacceptable for such an expensive monitor, and we shouldn't use the defective product that the manufacturer is trying to give us. I have a Dell U2414H 60Hz (overclocked to 65Hz) and yes, get used to it really hard. Btw, how often does this issue occur? Let me know if 165Hz solve your problem.
  • Cerilia
    Options
    About once a day... turn off the monitor, or flick to another tab fixes it.

I dont like using 165hz, it seems to have a slight input lag.
  • Alex_F1304

Tinkerer

Options
    Cerilia said:
    About once a day... turn off the monitor, or flick to another tab fixes it.

I dont like using 165hz, it seems to have a slight input lag.
    Strange, but you're not the first person who say about the increased input lag at 165Hz. Personally, I did not notice it. At least you won't have this issue...I hope so. Do you still have the option to return the monitor back to the store? Unfortunately, there are no analogues on the 2K panel with G-Sync, but at the end of December 2018 a new 2K 165Hz panel from LG will be released, if nothing changes.
  • VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    Options
    No offence but this problem has been in existence for years with this model of monitor
    (...)
    I decided to return the monitor back to the store, because I think that this is unacceptable for such an expensive monitor (...)
    It's not the monitor's fault, it can happen on any monitor from any brand that has GSync. Don't blame the monitor manufacturer, blame Nvidia.

• Zippyuser
    Zippyuser Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Options
    VarHyid,
    This problem has existed for years and Acer has done nothing to take monitors with this issue off the market and they need to be held responsible for that either by repairing the defective units or negotiating with Nvidia to fix their G-Sync technology.  The warranty for these devices is with Acer not Nvidia so although Nvidia made the defective hardware Acer used it in their products and continues to sell them with the known defect.  Therefore Acer is responsible for making Nvidia fix the problem.  Also why are you so keen on defending Acer?  I have seen your comments on the other threads and the vast majority are defending Acer which is an interesting view given that Acer warranties these products for defects not related to improper use of the monitor or accidents.  Since Nvidia making bad hardware does not fall under improper use or an accident caused by the customer it is warrantied and you seem to think differently?
  • VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Zippyuser I was actually wrong about this being just an Nvidia issue as someone reported the same problem on a FreeSync monitor so it could be something with the AUO panels or the adaptive sync technology in general.

Either way - I'm not defending Acer, I'm trying to put this information out there so that people won't make wrong decisions based on the incorrect information that it's "Acer's fault". Imagine someone gets a really good panel with no bleed or discoloration, but then experiences this issue. They will come here, read all the incorrect info that it's a problem with Acer or this particular monitor and based on that they may get rid of a good panel hoping to get a replacement without this problem... which they won't even if they buy a monitor from a different manufacturer.

It's important that people know that it's not JUST an Acer issue and that we finally figure out what the issue is exactly - is it the panel type in all those monitors, is it something that can happen on any variable refresh rate screen etc.? My goal is just to find the truth and the claim "this is an issue with Acer monitors" is simply not true if we've seen cases of BenQ and ASUS monitors having the same problem.
  • Zippyuser
    Zippyuser Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    @VarHyid That's fair and yes I did see on the other thread that non G-Sync monitors were having this issue and that the panel itself might be to blame.  I respect your intentions but at the end of the day I still payed for a working monitor and that's what I intend to get from Acer even if it isn't their fault.  I hope we can figure out what hardware/firmware is actually causing this issue so we can avoid those monitors.
  • matej_t
    matej_t Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had exactly same problem with my first model
  • arcnz
    arcnz Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Cerilia said:
    I just bought a new XB271HU, I just exited a game and the screen had seemed to have shifted a few pixels to the right, leaving a repeated screen on the left.

I fixed it by going into Nvidia CP and choosing Aspect ratio, instead of Full Screen.

Is this a know issue and is there an permanent fix?
    Hi, im having the same issue with same monitor just on the right hand side, did you get a viable solution for a fix in the end of did you just get a replacement monitor. Mine is only 2 months old and has done it 5 times now. Im just trying to sort if its hardware or software if it the monitor ill RMA it.
    Thanks
  • Cerilia
    Options
    I now just live with it, as by switching the monitor off and on again fixes it. Its not ideal but I'd rather do that than send it away and get an older refurbished screen.
  • arcnz

Tinkerer

Options
    Cerilia said:
    I now just live with it, as by switching the monitor off and on again fixes it. Its not ideal but I'd rather do that than send it away and get an older refurbished screen.
    I've since read that its all too common for this monitor and most people solve the issue by running it OC to 165hz still with gysnc and all the rest.
    I'm reluctant to return it for the reason you stated and will probably have the same issue in a month with a new one.  Besides its display quality is rather up there.

So im doing the OC thing to see if it happens again
  • Cerilia
    Options
    Good choice, I hear horror stories of people with a near-perfect screen, little to no light bleed, sending it away and getting a horrendous screen back in exchange.
  • arcnz

Tinkerer

Options
    I posted this on my thread but for anyone searching the net for a answer ill tack it onto yours cause they will end up here as i did searching for the answer.

:SOLUTION, for anyone else with this issue

144hz this problem will occur, so enable monitor overclock mode, up refresh rate to 150hz in nvidia settings or what other driver software you have (165 is   monitor max) I have been running for just over a month now at 150hz and there has been no issue, I moved it back to 144 and within a day they problem   happened again. Since its common I decided to just keep my monitor instead of getting another one as its likely the replacement will do the same thing.

The higher in Hz for this monitor is great but you will lessen other quality aspects of the monitors ability if you go to 165hz, but your call based on how   your eyes perceive things like pixel response etc.