My CPU reach 100°C in game, help!

Options
2»

Answers

• YgrecPeKa
    YgrecPeKa Member Posts: 95 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I just compare when I play with 144 fps (because my screen is 144hz) and 60 fps, my CPU is less hot on 60 fps so... No choice to play 60 fps despite that I have a really good screen :(
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    YgrecPeKa said:
    I just compare when I play with 144 fps (because my screen is 144hz) and 60 fps, my CPU is less hot on 60 fps so... No choice to play 60 fps despite that I have a really good screen :(
    Personally..., though advertised, laptops do have their own limitations.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Sharfan
    Sharfan Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I noticed high temps (high 90s) too on my Helios 300 for some time about a month ago... I recently rolled back my Nvidia drivers to version 391.01 and the temps have gone back to normal averaging around 78 degrees and only spiking up to 84 degrees... I also applied an undervolt of -110mV.
  • YgrecPeKa
    YgrecPeKa Member Posts: 95 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Sharfan said:
    I noticed high temps (high 90s) too on my Helios 300 for some time about a month ago... I recently rolled back my Nvidia drivers to version 391.01 and the temps have gone back to normal averaging around 78 degrees and only spiking up to 84 degrees... I also applied an undervolt of -110mV.
    That's an old driver :astonished:
  • Sharfan
    Sharfan Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
    Options
    YgrecPeKa said:
    Sharfan said:
    That's an old driver :astonished:
    yeah it is but most of the new drivers are just game ready drivers for new releases that don't make a difference to the games I'm currently playing... in fact they just created more issues... like the CPU overheating...
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Sharfan said:
    With an under volt of 0.125, I get an average of 65-75 while gaming, spikes of about 85, with all latest drivers.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045