LED Control Predator Orion 5000

Hori
Hori Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hello, how can i on/off the LED fan light on my Predator Orion 5000, or change the color? i had checked the user manual, it said to use Predator sense, but i dont have lighting setting on it.
please advise

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    Do you have the latest sense app installed ? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7626?b=1  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hori
    hello, yes i have the last Sense, but there is no lighting setting on it.
  • JackE
    @Hori >>>i had checked the user manual, it said to use Predator sense, but i dont have lighting setting on it.>>>

Some user manuals cover multiple systems that may or may not have all the features. What is your Orion's full model number? POx-xxx? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hori
    this is it PO5-610
  • JackE
    (1) Were you ever able to change the color before installing the sense update? (2) Is the version number listed in your manual the same as the update 2.00.3005? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hori
    the manual is from PO9-600, i dont get what update you talking about.....
  • Hori
    i could not modify the led color before... or changing it
  • JackE
    >>>the manual is from PO9-600, i dont get what update you talking about..... >>>i could not modify the led color before... or changing it>>>

According to the latest specs, I can find no references to a fan led color feature for either the PO9-600 or the PO5-610. Is there any date stamped on your user manual or reference to a predator sense version number?  The sense update --- the latest version  2.00.3005 --- I referred to you before in this link. Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/580945/#Comment_580945

Jack E/NJ

• Hori
    this is it. and as you can see, the app there has a lighting control tab. mine has not as shown in the previous post with print screen.
  • Hori
    there is no stamp with predator sense version on the manual
  • JackE
    Yes. But is there a date or version number printed on the user manual itself? Look near the front or back covers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hori
    is there any setting that i have to do form BIOS
  • JackE
    OK. I'm guessing the color change feature has been changed since the manual was printed and sense in now limited to an on-off only function for both models. I base my assumption on the fact that this feature is not listed as being available for either model in the documentation that I have. Sorry.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    The BIOS ****might**** an advanced tab to enable/disable fan settings. But this depends on the mainboard that was installed. Not all PO5-610 mainboards are identical and some features were optional cost extras. But I have no way of finding out how your particular system was configured and advertised. Sorry again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hori
    thanks JackE. maybe it will be something for the future, for they to implement, if it will be possible with just an software update..
  • MADRacing
    MADRacing Member Posts: 7 New User
    Same problem here, i've got a aquarium, so at night the leds need to go off...

• Stardweller
    Stardweller Member Posts: 5 New User
    I'm having the same question!

When I boot the pc, the LEDs go on and circle in various colours, but when it's booted, the light goes off and I can turn it on via the app, but no additional colours. But since the LEDs seem to be cabaple of changing the colour, I'm asking if there's any option to change them?
  • JackE
    MADRacing & Stardweller

When you boot the machine and immediately start tapping the DELkey to enter the BIOS menu, do the LEDs turn on and show other colors. Or only after you exit the BIOS menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MADRacing
    MADRacing Member Posts: 7 New User
    Nope, its still starts in blue, also when i change things in the BIOS..., cant find any option in bios or in Predotor sense to change thsi...

• JackE
    So it appears that the BIOS isn't involved in the color changes. Only starting in a steady blue like the power button. Then Win10 starts loading with different colors (probably in sync with the loading circle icon gif below) until Windows is fully loaded and back to a steady blue again. Does that seem like the way it's working. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ