What is the thermal limit of the Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G's CPU?

Options
Archardor
Archardor Member Posts: 12 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all, 
Can anyone who has the Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G with i5 7300hq and 1050ti tell me what is the thermal limit of the CPU at which point the system shuts itself down? You can check by installing ThrotteStop, launching the program and looking at PROCSHOT (X degrees C) on the lower right of the app screen. X stands for the temperature limit, on my Acer Aspire E15 for example you can see PROCSHOT 97C so that means it turns off at 97C :). Also if you know at what temperature the CPU and GPU begin to throttle, that would be really helpful ty! 

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The CPU begins to throttle when it reaches 97C, but you can see some decrease in clock speeds from 94-95C. At 100C the system will shut down. Usually the temperature should not risr higher than 97-98C. On the other hand the GPU begins to slow down at 40C, because of nvidia boost 3.0. Then with rising of the temperature above 40C the clock speed drops by a little(it decreases in steps by 13MHz, I think). At 83C-84C the GPU will throttle and this is where the clock speeds start dropping below the base clock speed. The thermal trip of pascal is at 95C.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The CPU begins to throttle when it reaches 97C, but you can see some decrease in clock speeds from 94-95C. At 100C the system will shut down. Usually the temperature should not risr higher than 97-98C. On the other hand the GPU begins to slow down at 40C, because of nvidia boost 3.0. Then with rising of the temperature above 40C the clock speed drops by a little(it decreases in steps by 13MHz, I think). At 83C-84C the GPU will throttle and this is where the clock speeds start dropping below the base clock speed. The thermal trip of pascal is at 95C.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Archardor
    Archardor Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options
    Can anyone tell me at which point the I5 8300H in the model below starts throttling ? Thank you! 

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-56ZT 

• ven98
    Options
    The throttling point is the same for all 6th 7th and 8th gen CPUs(there might be some exceptions). i5-8300h's throttling point is the same as i5 7300hq.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• fusarium
    fusarium Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I have a temperature issue with my Acer Aspire 7 (i5 8300H, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050). When I play The Division 2 at medium settings, after few minutes of play the CPU reaches 93 degrees of Celcius. Should I be worried about it or this is typical for this laptop model? I have a feeling that the temperature is too high. 
    The laptop's warranty is still valid.
  • Arian777
    Arian777 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    fusarium said:
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I have a temperature issue with my Acer Aspire 7 (i5 8300H, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050). When I play The Division 2 at medium settings, after few minutes of play the CPU reaches 93 degrees of Celcius. Should I be worried about it or this is typical for this laptop model? I have a feeling that the temperature is too high. 
    The laptop's warranty is still valid.
    Its not normal, people will tell you that its okay. Just dont listen to them, if you really care about your laptop just undervolt and most imortantly repaste your thermal paste with grizzly kryonaut (both CPU and GPU + the heat sink where it makes contact with the CPU and GPU).
    Also, clean your fans, it makes a big difference.

If you care about your warranty contact acer and ask them if itll void it because its not certain if it does.

Do it at your own risk, though if you follow the guides on youtube, there is little you can mess up.

More info about this?
    You can find here, this answer solution is 1 day old.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/579301/laptop-is-over-heating-way-too-much-predator-g3-571-2017#latest

Have a good day!