Answers

• TreyMonkey
    TreyMonkey Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    just have windows defender and no havent used the laptop in quite sometime
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! However, have you tried to update windows through windows update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TreyMonkey

Tinkerer

Options
    i have a couple times in the past thinking that maybe they would roll out a fix or something but recently i have not updated
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The 1809 version is very stable and several bugs have been fixed!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TreyMonkey

Tinkerer

Options
    ill do the update then
  • mbailey4357
    mbailey4357 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I've had the same issue. Currently installing the 1809 update, as I didn't want to buy a new drive for no reason. I had this issue, sent it in for repairs, and it was good for about 2 weeks, then it did it again. We ignored the laptop, but the IT tech in me just has to know if the problem can be solved. So I will update this as soon as I have an answer. 

Acer Aspire R 2 in 1.
    WD 1 TB HDD Sata
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The disk problem at 100% can occur in any version of the operating system! However, I assure you that this is not a hardware problem, but software! There are some solutions that we can try, if you are willing to solve this problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    i did those changes long after the original post and haven cared enough to try to fix it since but no i haven't added any additional software to the laptop its pretty much fresh out of the box, for the hard drive pretty sure its a seagate hhd cant say what speed cause i didnt pay to much attention to that when i was trying to fix the laptop just wanted to try somethings i had read. It comes with 16gb of ram ill see about changing the ram sometime and see if that works
    Since you said that it is a brand new laptop and the steps suggested above don't work, I recommend getting it replaced from the seller where you bought it from. Don't just let the problem be and move on.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is not a problem where you need to change the notebook! It is a problem in the operating system!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    Options
    This is not a problem where you need to change the notebook! It is a problem in the operating system!
    Do all Acer PCs come with Acer customized Windows 10? If yes, it is causing issues lately after build updates of 1709, 1803 and 1809.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The fact that the disk is at 100%, also occurs with other manufacturers, such as dell and lenovo for example!
    Yes, all Acer computers come with an operating system customized by Acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    Options
    The fact that the disk is at 100%, also occurs with other manufacturers, such as dell and lenovo for example!
    Yes, all Acer computers come with an operating system customized by Acer!
    Thanks for the info. Hope the OP gets it solved.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome  my friend @XdxD

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    Options
    What is your Windows 10 build right now? Mine is on 17763.379 without this problem. Try updating and if it doesn't solve, try this once: https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-disable-superfetch-sysmain-in-windows-10-version-1809-523185.shtml

• mbailey4357
    mbailey4357 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I did the update, and the disc starts off going to 100% for 5-10 minutes, then drops down and goes from 15% to 60% for at least the next 10-20 minutes. Every time I turn it on the same thing. Bounces all over the place with anything I do. Thought about getting an M2 drive, then reloading the OS on to it and seeing if that helps. 

Willing to give anything else you have a try. Turned off the superfetch already, no joy.

Acer Aspire R in notebook mode. 

For note - I have work with HP at work, and 2 other Win 10 machines at home. None of them have had this issue. Ever
  • XdxD
    Options
    I did the update, and the disc starts off going to 100% for 5-10 minutes, then drops down and goes from 15% to 60% for at least the next 10-20 minutes. Every time I turn it on the same thing. Bounces all over the place with anything I do. Thought about getting an M2 drive, then reloading the OS on to it and seeing if that helps. 

Willing to give anything else you have a try. Turned off the superfetch already, no joy.

Acer Aspire R in notebook mode. 

For note - I have work with HP at work, and 2 other Win 10 machines at home. None of them have had this issue. Ever
    Will definitely suggest you something. It is quite strange even for me to see a new PC having this issue; the PC from which I am writing this comment is Sony Vaio E series laptop from 2011 and I haven't encountered it in this or my Predator. Btw, my friend used to have this on his 2 years old HP PC on Windows 10 1803 and 1809 build. Will ask him what he did.
  • TreyMonkey

Tinkerer

Options
    I talked to someone at my best buy about the problem and he said he has had numerous people return or complain about the nitro series and only the nitro series he said its one of the most common laptops for people to return because the issues the nitro series has  
  • WFox
    WFox Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Options
    I don't have that problem right now, but I had and solved it before. The disk usually goes up sometimes when Windows does stuff in the background: installing updates, doing a programmed service maintenance... But when it gets stuck at 100% is usually a program or a Windows service that got stuck (the Windows store or the malware service executable for example in my case).

Open the task manager, go to the process list and click on the disk tab. That will sort all the processes by disk usage. From there we can have an idea of what could it be. If the highest process has a ">" icon to expand the list of its category, click it too and post a screenshot.

• jeffboone3
    jeffboone3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The whole point of a lit keyboard is that you actually need it for the entire time you're using the laptop. Acer can you imagine if your eco-friendly office lights timed out every 30 seconds because no one tripped the motion sensor?

[Edited by Moderator]

• WFox
    WFox Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Options
    There is also the resource monitor that is a bit more advanced. It tells you not only the processes but the ammount of data readed and written by it, the file locations and an histograph of the storage being used.