Acer PH315-51- Predator Sense Not Working!

akshah1997
akshah1997 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I need urgent help. I have a Predator PH315-51 model laptop. Earlier Predator Sense would work. Now suddenly after opening Predator Sense, the animation comes and then it goes into the background like a service. All 4 services are running.

Predator Sense version - 3.01.3000

I tried the following methods. None of them seems to work -
1. Reinstalling Intel Turbo boost driver and then Predator Sense
2. Downloading other Predator Sense versions of other models (This computer is not supported!)
3. Windows 8 compatibility mode doesn't work

Please help me as I'm unable to use many softwares which cause the temperature of the laptop shoot to almost 90 degrees.

P.S. - My Windows is updated. No updates available for Windows.

Best Answer

• akshah1997

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Red-Sand said:
    lszl said:
    I have a Predator PH315-52, have done everything recommended here and my animation just keeps on running forever.
    You could also try resetting windows... although that's never fun.
    Thank you all of you guys for helping me out.
    As the last option, I reset my PC. Everythings working now.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,100 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Uninstall any Predator Sense Application already installed.
    Download the 3.01.3000 version from Acer support site, extract the zip file, open the folder, open Predator Sense v3.1 folder, run the file(double click)e917f4d.....,highlighted in my snip.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7603?b=1

• akshah1997

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Download the 3.01.3000 version from Acer support site, extract the zip file, open the folder, open Predator Sense v3.1 folder, run the file(double click)e917f4d.....,highlighted in my snip.

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I already tried that but still didn't work.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Install the turno boost drivers from Acers website.
    - Hotel Hero
  • akshah1997

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    I did it. Downloaded the Turbo Boost driver and Predator Sense app from Acer's website. Reinstalled them 3-4 times. Still not working.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand said:
    I did it. Downloaded the Turbo Boost driver and Predator Sense app from Acer's website. Reinstalled them 3-4 times. Still not working.
    Try downloading iobit uninstaller and uninstall both predator senses that show there.

Then reinstall and check.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I think your registry is broken.
  • lszl
    lszl Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a Predator PH315-52, have done everything recommended here and my animation just keeps on running forever.
  • Red-Sand
    lszl said:
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    Please help me as I'm unable to use many softwares which cause the temperature of the laptop shoot to almost 90 degrees.
    @akshah1997
    1. Install acer care center. You can turn on cool boost in this.
    2. Increase the height of your laptop by adding felt pads under feet to raise height by about an inch (on 4 corners only).
    3. Undervolt using ThrottleStop
    4. Use a cooling pad or an external usb fan

These steps will bring your laptop down by about 20 degrees...
    Don't bother about Predator Sense.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • akshah1997

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Red-Sand said:
    lszl said:
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,100 Trailblazer
    Red-Sand said:
    lszl said:
    Thanks for posting the solution which worked for you :)
  • Miras888
    Miras888 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    lszl said:
    Thanks for posting the solution which worked for you :)
    can help, my Predator Helios 300 G3-572 also has this problem, does not run Predator Sense
  • JAEEZZ
    JAEEZZ Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    I keep trying to install it, but still always asking me to search in the store then after pressing yes it will turnout error. 

How should I fix this kind of error? 

help me asap! 
  • infamous17
    infamous17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

Dude I don't know how to thank you
    You save my life omg
    Have a kissie
  • Hi,

Dude I don't know how to thank you
    You save my life omg
    Have a kissie
    You are welcome :)
  • walno
    walno Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

This worked for me, thank you
  • OlivierC
    OlivierC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,

Hello

Thanks a lot !
    Just a difference: I downloaded "Predator Sense White version 3.02.3002" and it works again.
    But before  I tried with Predator Sense 3.01.3002 but it failed, nevermind.

• Siddnt
    Siddnt Member Posts: 1 New User
    I need urgent help. I have a Predator PH315-51 model laptop. Earlier Predator Sense would work. Now suddenly after opening Predator Sense, the animation comes and then it goes into the background like a service. All 4 services are running.

Predator Sense version - 3.01.3000

I tried the following methods. None of them seems to work -
    1. Reinstalling Intel Turbo boost driver and then Predator Sense
    2. Downloading other Predator Sense versions of other models (This computer is not supported!)
    3. Windows 8 compatibility mode doesn't work

P.S. - My Windows is updated. No updates available for Windows.
    ok I have one solution 
    Go to run (Win+r)
    type "msconfig" on run and press enter
    Go to services tab
    click enable all and press apply and then ok and restart
    Hope your problem will be solved as mine has been solved

• DSLow
    DSLow Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2019
    SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM:  

I have an Acer Helios 300 (2019) Edition Model PH315-52-78VL to be exact and had the same problems discussed in this form, but found a solution from bits and pieces of information prodivded. 

1.)  Download from Acers website Predator Sense version 3.00.3116 released on 05-09-19. 

2.) uninstall any prior version of predator sense you have installed.  

3.) Create a folder perhaps in the download directory or wherever you downloaded the zip file to for Predator Sense.  

- Extract the zip file in that directory, but don't extract it to the default "Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3116_W10x64_A" otherwise you will have a folder called this and another folder within it called the same thing.  Most applications freak out when attempting to install something from within the same folder name twice.  

- You just want to get the extracted zip files in its own folder. 

4.)  Open the extracted directory to this path "\Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3116_W10x64_A\3.00.3116\PredatorSenseUWP"

- Once in that folder, right-click on the file titled "9ebba37af5cc4914af1e8c5cfabfd6e7.appxbundle" and open with "App Installed". 

- This will use the Microsoft store app installer to install the application and creates an Icon for it.  

4.)  Once the Icon has been created, go back to the folder above and move back one directory to "\Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3116_W10x64_A\3.00.3116".

- Run the Setup.exe, which will install the remainder of the application and the needed Predator Service.  Without it, the application will not run and the service should start, shortly after its installed. 

5.)  Open the Predator Sense application and it should open.  For the Helious (2019) PH315-52-78VL model, the application should be black and blue matching that of the unit.  

Check out the video below 3:59 seconds and this should give you an idea on what the application should look like for the above model.  It's not red and black like the 2018 edition of the Helios 300. 

By the way, Acer support when I contacted them about this issue, advised that because I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, that was the problem and the application was not compatible with that version.  The representative I was dealing with was miss guided, pulling miss information from out of thin air and had no clue what she was talking about.  Acer needs to re-train their support and let their Support staff know that if they don't know the answer to a question, don't make something up.    

Regards, 

DSLow

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/