Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire GX-785 SSD is not recognized with error "Reboot and select proper boot device"

NcQuertyNcQuerty Posts: 3Member New User
Purchased from FNAC (BELGIUM Antwerpen 2000) on 21/04/2018 Acer Aspire TC-780
SNID: 70800212318
========================================================
Note: Included documents and BIOS say, however, that it is a (Product name) Aspire GX-785.
========================================================
Problem: at DayDate 12/06/2018
Error message:  "Reboot and select proper Boot Device "
(This issue has started from day 5 after purchase)
After a few start-up attempts, the system recognized the SSD Drive anyway.

To the extent time progressed the problem became worse.
= > on 12/06/2018 I have come to a situation where the system still does not want to boot.

Below some images of the BIOS view.

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey Posts: 4,625ACE Pathfinder

Looks to me like a hardware issue with the SSD. Contact Acer support for warranty service if it's too late to bring back to the vendor. I'd try and get a full backup before you send it in if you can get it booted.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanBJordanB Posts: 3,043ACE Pathfinder
    edited June 13
    I would suspect that a BIOS update might fix the problem.  Hopefully you can contact Acer and figure out your model number.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

You may have to temporarily install a different HDD and temporarily install Windows on that HDD to update BIOS using the WinFlash SOP that can found in the Appendix folder of the BIOS package.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • NcQuertyNcQuerty Posts: 3Member New User
    Hello,
    billsey, JordanB

Thanks for your reply. It must be that the seller in the PC has been messing around. The PC of the type GX-785 looks completely different to the type TC-780. After posting my question on this forum, I have not waited for reply. At 02 pm I took contact with Acer. Acer Support was also amazed at the conflicting configuration. If you don't know anything about computers you're the sitting duck and you are allowed to go back to the store with the PC. Fortunately I am a developer/analyst and I was able to create a bootable USB stick with Windows PE. After downloading the correct BIOS version for the GX-785 I have been able to run the BIOS update.

One important tip for those who want to know. Never use "Windows ADK for Windows, version 10 1803. " this version generates an error message "PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG blue screen". Use a lower version. 

Did the BIOS update solve the booting problem?
  • NcQuertyNcQuerty Posts: 3Member New User
    @Jordan, yes immediately :)

Ok.....   :+1: