Acer swift 1 sf114-31-c1gs not turning on

Options
2»

Answers

• RS1111
    RS1111 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    I’ll try the keyboard thing tomorrow, if I have to take the bottom cover off is it gonna get confusing?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Only 10 screws and the bottom cover should come off. Did you try an external keyboard yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RS1111
    RS1111 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Yeah it didn’t
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are there any beeps or other indications of errors while the Acer logo is displayed? It might be failing during POST and shutting back down due to the failure. You wouldn't be able to access the BIOS because that doesn't launch until POST is finished...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mariah_vidal
    mariah_vidal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Try pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the laptop is completely turned off. Then press the power button again to see if it turns on. If not, remove the charger and turn the laptop over. Look for a pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom. If a pinhole is found, gently push a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds to reset the laptop. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ
    its not working
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

Press and hold the paperclip into the pinhole for 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in and wait for the battery charge light to change from steady orange to steady blue. The try to turn it on after it's steady blue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pkd
    pkd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Try pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the laptop is completely turned off. Then press the power button again to see if it turns on. If not, remove the charger and turn the laptop over. Look for a pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom. If a pinhole is found, gently push a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds to reset the laptop. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ
    This worked for me today!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.