Swift 3 Bios Password after upgrade

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    JEWEL Select the Kolkata service center from this list. http://www2.acer.co.in/support/support_network_display.asp?type=City&city=Kolkata
    Then send a personal message to Acer-Manny about this issue
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi bluesea2019- Sorry to hear you're having issues. The 52 model BIOS update will not work for your 51 model, so please do not attempt to do it or you can damage your unit and invalidate the warranty. The BIOS is not locked in when you do a BIOS update, the issue was that when you created an supervisor password, after the update it will not take the same password if it had any M or K letters as part of your password, so you had to input the same password without those letters (Example: MKoonil you will have to input oonil)

Hi JEWEL- I am very sorry to hear this. Also on this case, the issue is not that the password is automatically created. Acer does not set password for BIOS from factory default or is created by itself after an BIOS update, the case is an BIOS update after you created a supervisor password as i explained above. What is the model of your unit?

I am assuming that the service center said we have no information on your specific model having the issue that you described, as this issue here in particular its reported and all Service Center should have the information - the fix is a BIOS update that has been release so no other special tools are needed for them.

For anyone with an SF315-52 that is expiriencing this issue and has update the BIOS to the latest version 1.07, please contact your local Acer support channel for assistance: 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ - you can select the country of your location and under support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.

Note: this thread will be now closed. 

Thank you all for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums, 

Acer-Manny 
This discussion has been closed.