Predator 17 - Sleep Mode won't wake up

fxswan
fxswan Member Posts: 36

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Got and Predator 17 and all came up ok. Updated the Bios to v1.13 and the drivers as well as Windows 10. All worked well till I put it in sleep mode....now it will will come fully wake up.... :-)   the screen is dark, the keys act as if frozen. I tried unpowering and repowering but no success. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    fxswan 

Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

In some cases Windows 10 (OS 1709) does not resume from sleep mode with a key press or mouse click. Previous versions of Windows only required one key press or mouse click to wake the system. You can wake the system by pressing a key twice on the keyboard, or clicking your mouse button twice. The first click will wake the system with no video displayed and the second click will enable the video.

Try to Disable Hibernation
    Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows_key.png) key and the letter X on your keyboard at the same time.
    Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu that appears. Click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your PC.
    Type powercfg/h off and press Enter. Restart your computer.

Run the Windows Power Management troubleshooter.
    Type troubleshooting in the Windows search box and press Enter. Select Troubleshooting (control panel) from the list of search results. Click System and Security. Click Power. Click Next to run the power management troubleshooter. Click Close when the troubleshooter completes. Restart your computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    fxswan 

Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

In some cases Windows 10 (OS 1709) does not resume from sleep mode with a key press or mouse click. Previous versions of Windows only required one key press or mouse click to wake the system. You can wake the system by pressing a key twice on the keyboard, or clicking your mouse button twice. The first click will wake the system with no video displayed and the second click will enable the video.

Try to Disable Hibernation
    Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows_key.png) key and the letter X on your keyboard at the same time.
    Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu that appears. Click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your PC.
    Type powercfg/h off and press Enter. Restart your computer.

Run the Windows Power Management troubleshooter.
    Type troubleshooting in the Windows search box and press Enter. Select Troubleshooting (control panel) from the list of search results. Click System and Security. Click Power. Click Next to run the power management troubleshooter. Click Close when the troubleshooter completes. Restart your computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • fxswan
    fxswan Member Posts: 36

Tinkerer

Let the battery drain while at work. Came up once I replugged the power..... :-)   txs whill put the answers in a note book...
  • PavelK
    PavelK Member Posts: 2 New User
     I have similar experience with ACER SPIN. After quite time consuming research, it came out, that the problem is the video driver. For some reason, windows update keeps pushing an update which causes the "not able wake up from sleep" issue. The only help is to download the original driver from ACER support. I wonder if you guys do not have the same problem.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    PavelK said:
     I have similar experience with ACER SPIN. After quite time consuming research, it came out, that the problem is the video driver. For some reason, windows update keeps pushing an update which causes the "not able wake up from sleep" issue. The only help is to download the original driver from ACER support. I wonder if you guys do not have the same problem.

Which GPU driver are you talking about? Intel's or NVidia's?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • haroldg12
    haroldg12 Member Posts: 4 New User
    which GPU driver are you talking about?  Intels or NVidias"
  • WordResurrector
    WordResurrector Member Posts: 1 New User
    How to wake up acer nitro VN7-792G-752J in sleep mode with lid closed. Currently, I have to partially open the lid in order to wake. USB settings for keyboard and mouse are set wake computer. I've tried wired/wireless keyboard and mouse. Using laptop as desktop replacement.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    How to wake up acer nitro VN7-792G-752J in sleep mode with lid closed.
    Why would you even want that to happen?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!