Predator 17 G9-793-78CM screen pitch black when turned on

Options
2»

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Angel_Red thank you for the information,

I recommend to contact support again and let them know this, that troubleshooting steps didn't work and to have the unit sent in for diagnose and repair with an Acer technician at the Service Center.

Salute,
    Acer-Manny  
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    @ToxicChibi

One last try before you send it for repair...

If you have a secondary hard disk installed, or lying around, try installing Windows clean onto it.

This CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED typically means some needed process for windows was shut down or not started during windows startup process. Pinpointing might be hard... since it could point to just about anything including a bad hard disk, not just software.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Angel_Red
    Angel_Red Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    sri369 said:
    @ToxicChibi

One last try before you send it for repair...

If you have a secondary hard disk installed, or lying around, try installing Windows clean onto it.

This CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED typically means some needed process for windows was shut down or not started during windows startup process. Pinpointing might be hard... since it could point to just about anything including a bad hard disk, not just software.

Already did that...
    Angel_Red said:
    Whelp, chatted with CS and ended up having to re-install Win10 just to be able to get back into Windows. Still no screen though.
    Updated the BIOS to v1.14 and disabled Fast Startup and that didn't help.
    When I go to device properties, it sees my TV and lists it properly (for monitor 2) but for my laptop screen it lists bare minimum of details. It's like the it sees that there is a screen there but can't ID it, not sure if it's even loading drivers for it.

Looks like I'll be contacting CS again tomorrow, done fighting with it for now.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Angel_Red said:

Already did that...
    On a DIFFERENT hard disk, not the one on your system (as in like disconnecting the one on laptop completely)?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Poisenfire
    Poisenfire Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had a similar problem and four out that pin doesn't work but unscrew the panel that leads to the hard drive and discounting the power will cause a fail safe to happen and after I put it back together it worked.