Windows 10/1709 Version - FPS drops and stutters

Options
2»

Answers

• Snoke
    Snoke Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

Not the computer at it appears to be more internet side the first clue was when you stated you adjust all the setting and it did not make a different the other thing that gives it away is your diagram if you notice your wi fi connection is all over the place,

so your Nvidia is working hard to compensate to adjust to the frequency changes in delivery causing your whole system to slow down. 

One other thing if you got xbox console in the house or sony 4 turn off the xbox feature in the windows firewall advanced setting I disable all but Xbox indentity provider in both incoming and outgoing. that helps with bandwidth allocation.

Another thing is Windows defender does 3 scans while your systems running and you may need to make adjustments to limit uploads and downloads I set mine at 25% download and 20% percent upload.

to located them go setting then other to update and security you will see Advanced options click that open

scroll down to delivery optiminsation open that  then locate advanced options again open it that where you make you adjust and tick the correct boxes.

• NAtanasov
    NAtanasov Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Snoke said:

Not the computer at it appears to be more internet side the first clue was when you stated you adjust all the setting and it did not make a different the other thing that gives it away is your diagram if you notice your wi fi connection is all over the place,

so your Nvidia is working hard to compensate to adjust to the frequency changes in delivery causing your whole system to slow down. 

One other thing if you got xbox console in the house or sony 4 turn off the xbox feature in the windows firewall advanced setting I disable all but Xbox indentity provider in both incoming and outgoing. that helps with bandwidth allocation.

Another thing is Windows defender does 3 scans while your systems running and you may need to make adjustments to limit uploads and downloads I set mine at 25% download and 20% percent upload.

to located them go setting then other to update and security you will see Advanced options click that open

scroll down to delivery optiminsation open that  then locate advanced options again open it that where you make you adjust and tick the correct boxes.

It is true that the internet is kinda funny here, but why didn't that be the case from the beginning? I mean the internet provider hasn't been changed or something like that. It does make sense though, since the internet hasn't been stable since the first day I moved in this apartment. If that is the case, it would be the worst scenario though, since I am not planning to stay here for a long time and hopefully will be able to move out in a couple of months. Still I was concerned about the strange noise the laptop made the other day and also I will buy the cooling pod because of the bad ventilation these things have. Thanks for pointing this out though!
  • NAtanasov
    NAtanasov Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    The problem was with the motherboard. After I received my laptop back from the service, they said that they have changed it.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,579 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @NAtanasov Thanks for report. All the tests you did seemed to point at a hardware issue. Have you had a chance to test it yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ