Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

adding 2nd drive

VinasithambyVinasithamby Posts: 1Member New User
Can I add a solid state drive to my acer axc-605_w?

Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 118Member Skilled Fixer
    Hi! The series name "AXC-605" has hardly about 15 different model computers. I request you to please provide the exact model # of the unit, which you are looking for. You can see 4 characters after "AXC-605" and that is what I need. 
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billseybillsey Posts: 4,227ACE Pathfinder
    Sure, but it's not as simple as it might be. The case has two drive bays, both currently in use by the optical drive and the hard drive. The easiest upgrade to a SSD is to replace the hard disk. That is a little awkward since you can't easily have both the HD and SSD connected simultaneously. You can fudge it by leaving everything open and using the third SATA port on the motherboard or you can use an external case connected by USB. I'm not positive that you have enough power connections, so you might need a splitter if you're going to try that first one. Another option would be to yank the ODD and put an adapter in that mounts the SSD. I suppose it's possible that someone makes an adapter that holds a slimline ODD and has room for a SSD as well, but I don't know of one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.