Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer switch 5 Linux mint, touchpad not working

maalfarobmaalfarob Posts: 6Member New User
Hi guys! I decided to try Linux mint because I got sicked of windows. I already installed and everything is working, except my touchpad.
Have someone has trouble with it? Can you help me please?

Answers

• Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 161Member Skilled Fixer
    can you try Fn + F7 to check if this would work
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question  :) 
  • maalfarobmaalfarob Posts: 6Member New User
    Rudy21 said:
    can you try Fn + F7 to check if this would work

Well, I already did it. Nothing is happening. I already checked the configuration on setting and touchpad is on.

Can you give me some commands about what to write on console?
  • JackEJackE Posts: 6,814ACE Pathfinder
    What is the full model and number? What Mint version number & name? Was it installed dual boot in UEFI mode? Jack E/NJ

Switch 5 SW512-52

Mint version using is 18.3 Sylvia
    Yeah, i installed in UEFI mode with an usb

Cinnamon? Jack E/NJ
  • GawainGawain Posts: 21Member Networker
    edited April 17
    i don't have a switch but i did find in another acer that the touchpad doesn't work (or freezes a lot) with linux if in the BIOS the "advanced" option is selected for the touchpad.  If there is that option, try setting it to "basic" and see what happens (basic still allows for click emulation, vertical and horizontal scolling etc)  If it's still not working from the get go, try the FN +F7 once more.
    JackE said:
    Cinnamon? Jack E/NJ

JackE said:
    Cinnamon? Jack E/NJ
    Yeah Cinnamon

Gawain said:
    i don't have a switch but i did find in another acer that the touchpad doesn't work (or freezes a lot) with linux if in the BIOS the "advanced" option is selected for the touchpad.  If there is that option, try setting it to "basic" and see what happens (basic still allows for click emulation, vertical and horizontal scolling etc)  If it's still not working from the get go, try the FN +F7 once more.

Gawain said:
    The problem with that, is switch 5 doesn't have that option on bios.
    I read a lot online, but I couldn't find the answer
    OK. Left click on start menu. Left click system center control panel. Go to hardware section. Click on mouse & touchpad.  Make sure touchpad is turned on or if any error messages are displayed. Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    OK. Left click on start menu. Left click system center control panel. Go to hardware section. Click on mouse & touchpad.  Make sure touchpad is turned on or if any error messages are displayed. Jack E/NJ

yes, i did that... still the same, the touchpad was on, i tried off and on, nothing happened
    Did you install Mint alongside Win10? Jack E/NJ
  • GawainGawain Posts: 21Member Networker
    i sent you mail yesterday ref. kernel version. (top of the page on the right, there's a mail icon)