Options
2»

Answers

• vardipoor
    vardipoor Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Options
    So what should I do? Do not install windows 7 home premium?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    The problem is that your model came with two different low-level boot mainboards when you acquired it. The earlier models came with BIOS and MBR partitioned HDDs. The later models came with UEFI bootstrap and GPT-partitioned HDDs. Both can run generic Win7s but only the BIOS models would've been certified to run properly with factory-installed Win7. And only the UEFI models certified with factory-installed Win8.x

At this point, I suggest that you stay with and keep trying to find a driver solution for the generic Win7 ultimate already installed because generic Win7 Home Premium likely won't change things. I also suggest that you download and try the driver search freeware at  https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php to see if it can help resolve this issue for your particular machine.  Jack/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vardipoor

Tinkerer

Options
    i chatted with acer customer care and gave to him my SNID and he said:
    your laptop is came with linux, you can't install windows on it and he said contacted with escalated team and gave me a tracking id and said escalated team will contact you. But so far no one has contacted me.
  • JackE
    Options
    You said Win7 ultimate is licensed https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/564663/#Comment_564663

As long as you have a valid paid-for Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate license, it doesn't matter if Linux was factory installed. However, if you simply downloaded and installed a Win7 ultimate iso without paying an activation fee, it won't run properly.  Jack E/N

Jack E/NJ

• vardipoor

Tinkerer

Options
    " if you simply downloaded and installed a Win7 ultimate iso "
    yes i did that but licenced, 
    " it doesn't matter if Linux was factory installed"
    what!!!
    Did you mean licensing? It does not matter which version of Windows or Linux is. Or just have to license.
    I'm confused.
  • vardipoor

Tinkerer

Options

its activated.
  • JackE
    Options
    @vardipoor >>>its activated. >>>

I was responding to your earlier comment ">>>i chatted with acer customer care and gave to him my SNID and he said:your laptop is came with linux, you can't install windows on it>>>"

You can certainly install generic Win7 from Microsoft on your machine with your own Microsoft license. Even though the machine came with ACER factory-installed Linux. I think customer care was saying that you can't install ACER-specific Win7 based on your machine's SNID simply because ACER does not have a Microsoft license to do this. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• vardipoor

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Options
    Okay, so what am I doing now? Windows Licensing. All drivers are downloaded from Acer. But the problem is still there. gpu core, shader core and fps (The picture is clear.)
  • JackE
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Unless the escalated team has other recommendations, I suggest that you try the iobit booster mentioned earlier  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/576395/#Comment_576395  to try to resolve this is with the generic Microsoft version of Win7 ultimate that you installed. The original ACER version media simply cannot be installed and activated on a machine that came with Linux pre-installed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• vardipoor

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried all the way(install latest version, install other windows, update all drivers with dps online). It will not be better.
    Can I troubleshoot or fix it by program?
    Is it possible that the problem is something else other than Windows?

• JackE
    Options
    >>>Can I troubleshoot or fix it by program? Is it possible that the problem is something else other than Windows?>>>

It's possible with programming. But sorry, I don't know how. And I doubt you have any hardware issues. So the generic version of Win10 Pro that you installed is the likely problem. However, it's also possible that a future Win10 update will fix it. But I cannot tell you if or when that will happen. Sorry I can't be more optimistic about fixing Win10 issues. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• vardipoor

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Options
    "Win10 Pro that you installed "

I installed Windows 10 just for the graphic test. But now Windows 7 is installed(with all the verified drivers).
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, I meant generic Win7ult installation. My comments would also apply to a generic Win10 installation.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vardipoor

Tinkerer

Options
    And now how can I fix my problem?
  • vardipoor

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Options
    "So the generic version of Win7 that you installed is the likely problem."

its mean: i can just installing linux on my machine.
  • vardipoor

Tinkerer

Options
    I have an important question.
    In the photo posted. Is the gpu clock(50 MH) & shader clock(100 MH) correct?(GPU load 99%!!!)
  • JackE
    Options
    As I said earlier, the v3-571g came with two different mainboards. The early model came with BIOS and an MBR partitioned HDD. The later model came with UEFI bootstrap and GPT-partition HDD.

Only the BIOS-MBR models would've been ACER-certified to run ALL hardware devices properly---AND---only with factory-installed Win7 ACER licensed version, NOT a generic Win7 licensed version that you have.

Since your machine's serial number id (SNID) is not associated with a factory-installed Win7 ACER license, the ACER factory-installation media with all the correct drivers and Windows system files is simply not available for your machine. This is probably one reason why the 710m is not working smoothly. Another reason is that the factory-install Win7 machines seemed to be equipped with the nVidia 640M or 630M not 710M. As for the frequency differences, this seems typical for earlier nVidia graphic adapters.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ