XB271HU A - Horrible warranty experience

Drakuf
Drakuf Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited January 23 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I am not sure if I am writing this to the right place, hopefully I am. :) First of all, I have many Acer products and I am satisfied with most of them except my monitor... I purchased an Acer XB271 HU A Predator at the end of 2016 (which I thought is a premium category monitor with premium support...) and I have been very happy with it until a few weeks ago. I haven't played any games for many months now and I have been programming and studying a lot lately with the default settings of the monitor.  It turned off after 10 minutes of being away from keyboard. Long story short, it happened that my windows 10 taskbar burnt in the panel (not sure how, this shouldn't suppose to happen in 2018 as I know?!) so I have called the local Acer customer support team who "helped" me out returning  it. 

I just got it back from the Checz service a few hours ago and realized that nothing has been changed on it and it has absolutely the same panel with the burnt in taskbar as before. The service report that the Acer customer support guy filled out it says I reported "brightness/darkness issues" which is obviously not true. The service returned my monitor without fixing or changing anything on it... I do not think it's fair that I spent around 800 usd on a monitor and nobody gives a ***** about my warranty. 

Here is a picture of the problem I'm facing with the monitor with looking at the footer of the Acer's website - there is a burn mark on the monitor where my task bar is, going all the way across the bottom portion of my monitor. Sorry about the quality I have my phone camera available only:
https://i.imgur.com/rIZekyB.jpg

When I watch movies or am programming the burn mark is always there and gets very annoying which makes the whole experience seem very cheap. I am not sure what other options I have, since the warranty I paid for isn't helping this situation at all.

Best regards,
Peter S.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Persistence like this in liquid crystals can usually be repaired or gradually diminished by simply relocating the taskbar to another screen area and projecting a solid color or white image on the entire screen overnight for a few nights. You should see gradual improvement. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Drakuf

Tinkerer

Yeah exactly how a 800 usd monitor supposed to work. :D I have been running "fixing videos" for days a few weeks ago and nothing happend. 
  • JackE
    >>>The service report that the Acer customer support guy filled out it says I reported "brightness/darkness issues" which is obviously not true.

If you've been running a solid color or white screen for days and see no improvement, then you must re-submit the warranty claim and make sure the burn-in persistence is properly reported this time around. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Drakuf

Tinkerer

>>>burn-in persistence is properly reported this time around
    Yeah well the problem was that I called them. I told him my issue 3 times yet he trolled me. :)

>>>re-submit the warranty claim
    I am doing that at the moment, thank you. Besides I am experiencing this issue aswell: 
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMJKzDzM0UXyk3-BvgVeVbuBdZgi7NHQiWgRWr0GpKa3kO7usJNlRSLw5TjNE7EEQ/photo/AF1QipM7-LNPgjtpdMrk3bOQRyZOqZuHr6WJQAq9SeiE?key=NzM2Nk5MN2VheTRid0tMQmNGNmlkOFFUU09pOXF3

• JackE
    Sorry I can't use the link. What is the other issue? Maybe you just lucked out and got a lemon. =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Drakuf

Tinkerer

The other issue is the: "Line down the middle, overlapping image".
  • JackE
    Mmmmm. Working on it for almost 2 years now, eh? And no word on a fix yet?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Drakuf

Tinkerer

This is what an Acer staff member stated regarding this issue:

"Hello everyone,

We would like to apologize to our community for the inconvenience caused by this issue. We have a fix for this but you all have to contact your local Acer Support organization in order to set the unit up for repair to apply the fix.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny"
    Hopefully they will fix it for me sooner or later. :)

• JackE
    Hey! Send a PM to ACER-Manny pronto! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Drakuf

Tinkerer

Not sure why would that help my case. He is working for a totally different deparment in a different region as I know.
  • JackE
    Can't hurt. And a PM to ACER-Cory too for good measure. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ