Wifi drops when I am using my laptop - ( AN515-42 )

Options
BernaAhad
BernaAhad Member Posts: 8 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
      I bought the Nitro 5 two months ago. Since then I am having problems with the wifi.
      When I switch on my laptop wifi drops and start to work back when I restart the router. This continues to happen when I am using the laptop. 
      Hope you can help me. 

Best Answer

Answers

• OnurKulac
    OnurKulac Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    I m sorry but poor you. Your laptop is dead
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    BernaAhad said:
          I bought the Nitro 5 two months ago. Since then I am having problems with the wifi.
          When I switch on my laptop wifi drops and start to work back when I restart the router. This continues to happen when I am using the laptop. 
          Hope you can help me. 

Hi,
    Could you please post the laptop model name and the WiFi driver version, laptop model like AN515.xx, to find the driver version, go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, highlight and right click your WiFi card, go to Properties, find the driver version in Driver tab.
  • BernaAhad
    Options
    Laptop model is Nitro AN515-51. Driver version is 12.0.0.312
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BernaAhad said:
    Hi,
    You could try downloading driver version 12.0.0.295 from Acer support and install to see whether it fixes the problem.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7312?b=1
  • BernaAhad
    Options
    BernaAhad said:
    Hi,
    You could try downloading driver version 12.0.0.295 from Acer support and install to see whether it fixes the problem.
         It worked. Thank you so much 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    BernaAhad said:
    BernaAhad said:
    Hi,
         It worked. Thank you so much 

You are welcome :)
  • BernaAhad
    Options
    I am back again. Now it is the third day and everything started again and it is worse.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a different DNS address, go to Network and Internet Settings(right click WiFi icon in the Taskbar), click Change adapter Options, right click WiFi, click Properties, highlight IPV4, click Properties, select "Use the following DNS address", enter either googleDNS or OpenDNS address, click OK.
    Google DNS as in my snip.
    Open DNS: 208.67.222.222

• BernaAhad
    Options
    What should I do after this
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Follow these steps:
    1. Right click WiFi icon in the Taskbar(snip 1) and click "Open Network settings"
    2. Click Status in the left pane, click "Change adapter options( snip 2)
    3.Right click WiFi and select properties.(snip 3)
    4.Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties.
    5.Enter Open DNS address and click OK

• BernaAhad
    Options
    Hi,
    Follow these steps:
    1. Right click WiFi icon in the Taskbar(snip 1) and click "Open Network settings"
    2. Click Status in the left pane, click "Change adapter options( snip 2)
    3.Right click WiFi and select properties.(snip 3)
    4.Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties.
    5.Enter Open DNS address and click OK

Hi, 
       I did everything but it didn’t worked. Wifi still drops
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I think that Windows updating your WiFi driver to 12.0.0.312 from 12.0.0.295, you need to roll back to the working driver(or reinstall).
  • BernaAhad
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi, 
      I was testing it for a while. It still continues dropping. I can tell that it is better now but still has the problem with wifi
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, highlight and right click your WiFi, go to Properties, go to Power management tab and untick the box against Switch off this device .....
    then go to Advanced tab, select preferred band and switch to different band and see whether it helps.

• BernaAhad
    Options
    Hi 
     I did it but it isn’t working 
  • onurcaba
    onurcaba Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am dealing with this problem since i bought this laptop, my wi fi connection speed to internet is less than 1mb/s sometimes and 16mb/s sometimes, i really bored with this
  • AumShanti
    AumShanti Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Recently purchased the AN515-42 (Ryzen) laptop with this Qualcomm Atheros qca61x4a. ***** thing knocks out every router ive tried it on! i was on vacation on it knocked out the guest house's router, again and again and again. rolling back the driver only delays the knockout, but it still happens. Really ***** about this, thought Acer would have a solution.
  • AumShanti
    AumShanti Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Maybe i will have to change routers, but its painful to have to spend more money and upgrade the router, which was otherwise working perfectly fine. TP-Link routers seem to go down with this card.
  • vijayeeta
    vijayeeta Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

@AumShanti , I have the same laptop AN515-42 (Ryzen) laptop with this Qualcomm Atheros  and initially had a hard time as wifi dropped all the time, somehow i think its fixed by upgrading the driver and  notice slow internet , how did you fix it ?
  • ty_buchanan
    ty_buchanan Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    This is a fault with with the Acer crapware written into their software. It cannot be solved. The only thing you can do is never buy an Acer laptop or computer. I have lived with the problem since buying an Acer laptop. It will latch onto wifi when you restart, but save all your stuff before restarting.