Chromebook R13 bluetooth mouse issue

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry, using your passive unpowered hub, the HDD seems to be drawing more power than the chromebook port can provide to also reliably support the mouse dongle. You either need to get a self-powered or active USB HUB which powers each port from an external supply not the chromebook, or try a BT mouse, or a lower power 2.5" SSD. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• gulmer4
    gulmer4 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I'll look into that, thanks.
  • chasmm
    chasmm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sorry if this is a zombie thread, but I'm having this exact issue in build 75.0.3770.144

Has there been any update on this?  My R13 is just over a week old.
  • JackE
    Options
    Haven't seen anything new on this. I've re-read this thread. If I had just bought a new R13 last week, and this issue was a real problem for me, I'd run not walk back to the vendor and ask for a refund or exchange it for a different model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IvorTollah
    IvorTollah Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I am having a similar problem with bluetooth earbuds, I think the problem must be something to do with low-power bluetooth. I hope Google and/or Acer are working on this.
  • eihabs
    eihabs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi there, 

I'm facing an issue with my wireless mouse as it doesn't get connected to my chromebook, apparently this is a widespread persistent problem among my fellow users of Acer Chromebook R13, please find a fix for this asap as this is really frustrating and as customers we shouldn't have to go through all these menial problems, this is the only reason one should spend a little more extra bucks and get themselves reliable gadgets.

This absolutlely is called for after spending so much money this what we get, we're sitting on the latest chromeOS and still not Acer nor Google will get around this issue, I'd suggest the best we can do is to report the issue from about chromebook in the system itself.

• JackE
    Options
    Try another wireless mouse. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ