SF314-52 Can't get third display to work

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options
    The HDMI 1.4 port on your model is receives output from the integrated Intel adapter, not the nvidia card. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alejandroalcaino26
    Alejandroalcaino26 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    The difference between sf314-52G and sf314-52 is that the G model has dedicated graphics(nvidia MX130 for example) in addition to the Intel HD graphics, which has higher performance.

ACE members have the advantage to access the specs info of Acer products and this is where I have the table from. 
    Hi, Can this model use type C port as display port?
    Swift SF314-56G-51FY

SN: NXH4LAL001xxxxxxxxx

SNID: 9100xxxxxx

• JackE
    Options
    Alejandroalcaino26   Sorry, no, the USBC 3.1 Gen2 only supports up to 10Gb/s data transfer and up to 3 Amps 5V output for charging. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dannydog
    dannydog Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ven98 said:
    ven98
    My model number is SWIFT SF314-52

Does that help?
    Helps perfectly ;)!

Unfortunately, your device does not support docking stations.
    Hi all, I just recently got a Swift 3 (SF314-41-R3M0) and was wondering if anyone could provide the USB-C support for my model, similar to the table provided by ven98.

Also, more specifically, I was really hoping to connect 2 external monitors to my laptop and am wanting to see if this is possible. I was thinking one through the HDMI out and another through maybe a USB-C -> DisplayPort Adapter? Or if not, would a dock be supportable and potentially give me the ability to hook up two separate monitors through that single dock?

Thanks!
  • JackE
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sorry no. The HDMI 1.4b is the only video out. You can get an HDMI hub but not for multiple independent external displays. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ArcticFox
    ArcticFox Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    You need an active usb-to-video adapter to use the USB ports in this machine such as the following. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BPEV1XK/
    Jack E/N

Thanks JackE

I picked this up today so hopefully it works

• JackE
    Options
    Hope it works for you. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ignacio2022
    Ignacio2022 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JimmyFzn said:
    Hello everbody,

I hope you are still receiving news from this topic.
    I have a Swift 3 SF314-52G, no way to find if specs are the same as SF314-52 as ven98 mentionned.
    By the way ven98, where did you find this table with USB specs ?

I am using one external 24" screen via HDMI (without using the 14" of the laptop, too difficult for my eyes to work with 14" and 24") but I really want to work with 2 24" screens. How can we be sure that SF314-52G (what is the G for ?) is not displaying by USB-C. Then how can we be sure that we are able to work with somthing like the Targus by USB3 ? Prices of Targus docks are above 100$, I want to be sure..

Thanks in advance for your answers, best regards,

Jimmy
    Hi Jimmy,

I was wondering if you figured our how to connect the 3rd display as I have the same device. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Ignacio
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Ignacio2022 rather than camping out on a thread that is from 2018 I suggest you start a new one for your question. Include the full model number (SF314-52G-xxxx), what you are experiencing and what you have tried so far. You shouldn't have an issue with multiple monitors unless you are planning to use them for gaming or are trying to go cheap with the docking station...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.