CB5-132T Series Battery Charge Indicator - Level of Charge - Question for ACER ?

jlhorak
jlhorak Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Question For the ACER Technical and Customer Relations Staff ?

I am having the same issue with the battery level indicator that appears several times on this message board. I have called and been given a case number documenting my issue that the charge level appears to decline each day, even after shutting down and an overnight charge.

The call center folks have now told me twice (21 November, and today) that there is  software issue and it will be fixed in "six weeks".

Most purchasers would probably agree that Battery Charge levels are a key consumer sales point for initial purchase and use.

Can ACER please update the user community on the status?  

ACER's Customer Service comment ?

Answers

• LFB28
    LFB28 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue (charge will not go past 40%) on my CB5-132T model.  I am reporting this to Acer as well.
  • elfaust
    elfaust Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue. Charge will not go past 59% on my CB5-132T model. 
  • jlhorak
    jlhorak Member Posts: 2 New User
    JLHorak back again.

Was hoping there would be an official ACER Update on this chat site. Nothing yet. Today Lisa at Customer Service let me know that there is still an "issue", possibly with the software This is the same response I had from Luis on 27 December. I am continuing to call, in order to insure the warranty service for this issue on my laptop remains "current".  

Acer if you are reading these posts, you do have an issue. Can you update us on the repair, Software fix status, and estimated patch release date. The call center folks are both pleasant and professional, however they do not have a solid answer for this issue.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    >>>JLHorak back again.>>>Acer if you are reading these posts>>>I am continuing to call, in order to insure the warranty service for this issue on my laptop remains "current".  >>>

This is a users support group, not a customer service venue staffed by ACER employees. Accordingly, continuing to call the ACER customer service number is probably still the most effective thing you can do right now. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• Harley_Mark
    Harley_Mark Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same model CB5-132T, I got it for my wife for Christmas and and it will not charge past 93% and the orange charge light never turns blue. I have had several Acer products and they have been good, even my 2 year old Chromebook still works great. But this issue is very irritating and is the kind of thing that makes you start buying another brand.

• JackE
    In a related thread https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/522953/chromebook-r11-cb5-132t-charging-only-to-94-after-latest-update#latest one of the ACER Community Experts wrote---

Billsey>>>they [Google chrome battery meters] don't reflect battery problems, but rather problems with the calculated values displayed.>>>
    Billsey>>>So, not a hardware issue, but Google is aware of it and will hopefully roll out a fix with one of the future releases.>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rhea98
    Rhea98 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My issue (only indicating 79% charge) just popped up in the past week, as far as I know. I purchased a new R11 7 months ago. The suggested procedures:hardware rest then powerwash. No change. I have sent feedback to Acer/Google.
  • JackE
    @Rhea98   In a related thread https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/522953/chromebook-r11-cb5-132t-charging-only-to-94-after-latest-update#latest one of the ACER Community Experts wrote---

Billsey>>>they [Google chrome battery meters] don't reflect battery problems, but rather problems with the calculated values displayed.>>>
    Billsey>>>So, not a hardware issue, but Google is aware of it and will hopefully roll out a fix with one of the future releases.>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    @Rhea98

This is not an hardware issue, A recent Chrome OS software update is causing some Chromebook models to incorrectly display the battery charge status. The battery should be still functioning at full capacity, and usage time should not be impacted. 
    Check this updated (03/19/2018) link and see whether it helps :  https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51932

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!