SATA CABLE / DRIVE CADDY MISSING / ACER NITRO 5 (MODEL : AN515-41-F6VS ) U.S - HELP

SavioGeorge
SavioGeorge Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought an Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop with 256Gb M.2 SSD on board thinking i would get an additional HDD to upgrade it later. To my surprise there is a HDD bay but no SATA cable or a drive caddy inside it. I'm stuck with the limited space on my current drive. Appreciate if you could send me the kit to i could upgrade it. I have an U.S Shipping Address. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• SavioGeorge
    SavioGeorge Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

> @SavioGeorge said:
    > I bought an Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop with 256Gb M.2 SSD on board thinking i would get an additional HDD to upgrade it later. To my surprise there is a HDD bay but no SATA cable or a drive caddy inside it. I'm stuck with the limited space on my current drive. Appreciate if you could send me the kit to i could upgrade it. I have an U.S Shipping Address. Thank you.

I bought this laptop on the 17th of October from Amazon U.S ( Link : https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Radeon-Graphics-Windows-AN515-41-F6VS/dp/B075KN357R/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509371632&sr=8-2&keywords=acer+nitro+5+and )
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi SavioGeorge,

I have received your inquiry and responded a PM with the information need it. Please send the requested information on a PM message as request to better assist you.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Nimkora
    Nimkora Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also bought this computer with no sata cable or caddy, send me the cables also. 
  • Mr_Furry_Tail
    Mr_Furry_Tail Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem :(

I bought is on Amazon: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-76YG 15.6" Laptop, i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home amazon.ca/dp/B071JLXH2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4vbgAbMF2VVW0

Please help, I already bought HDD and thought I can install it easily.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓
    Hi all, 

There is an official post on this matter we have created on the following link https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533520/how-to-get-the-hdd-caddy-and-sata-cable-to-install-a-second-drive-in-my-predator-helios-300 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • TheJoker19
    TheJoker19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! I too bought the acer nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL from amazon(Amazon.com: Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 15.6" Full HD, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, AN515-51-55WL: Computers & Accessories) After I bought that I scrolled down through the comments and I found that you guys were giving away a free SATA drive for those who did not get the Caddy Kit. Yesterday My laptop had arrived and I found out that the Caddy Kit was not available. When I tried to request it From the above form that you have posted, it did not accept it saying that it was only for predator helios 300. So please send me a caddy kit as I require more space for my personal use! Also include the SATA cable along with the drive. I have an US Shipping Address. Thank You Very Much!
  • DVGaylin
    DVGaylin Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2017
    Acer Manny's comments and link...
    This post is for the Nitro 5 NOT the Predator Helios 300. Your link DOES NOT work for a Nitro 5.
  • Anoty
    Anoty Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently bought a gaming laptop nitro 5 an515-41 f3gy and found it does not have a caddy kit to install a hdd
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Thank you all,

You have to contact your local Acer support for better assistance.

Acer-Manny
  • ManuelSolis
    ManuelSolis Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello All, 
    As everyone here, i did buy online the same laptop, i did call for technical service, and i did chat with Acer.
    They tell me that since i am from other country they don´t have it in stock (or don´t want to) but they provided where to find it: what we are looking for is the CADDY KIT and it could be order in Kahlo and Capital Data.
    I am already contacting them, and will tell you if i can success. 
  • BElsa
    BElsa Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently bought my acer nitro V from amazon, and I have been trying to order the hdd kit but as soon as i submit the form I get this message...

There was a problem with your request...

Part number NH... is not valid for this form.

• marham
    marham Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought this computer in Sweden and experience the same issue. How do i get the kit in Sweden? 
  • rschaaf
    rschaaf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, I am having the same problems with my laptop and cannot request the parts with the provided link. I keep getting the "problem with you request" response. 
    I posted my issue just a little while ago "https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/554454/help-drive-caddy-and-sata-cable-missing-from-my-acer-nitro-5-model-an515-51-56u0-u-s#latest"

Anyone successfully get the replacement SATA cable and Bracket?